New TG on the Hamilton County/Cincinnati P25 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

Last night I logged a new TG in PRO96COM on T101 of the Hamilton County/Cincinnati P-25 system. The TGID: 497 was logged with the following radio ID: 417007. So far the only other listing for this TG was found on the PRO96COM Yahoo Groups page under the System 316 files, which were submitted by 6D75. Further 6D75 submitted the radio ID list and that list has other radios in the 417XXX series as being connected to TGID: 34 and 497.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Matthew

*Edit for spelling.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Matthew said:
Last night I logged a new TG in PRO96COM on T101 of the Hamilton County/Cincinnati P-25 system. The TGID: 497 was logged with the following radio ID: 417007. So far the only other listing for this TG was found on the PRO96COM Yahoo Groups page under the System 316 files, which were submitted by 6D75. Further 6D75 submitted the radio ID list and that list has other radios in the 417XXX series as being connected to TGID: 34 and 497.

Be careful before deciding it's really a new talkgroup and not just one being used for temporary testing purposes. Here in Columbus, the shop will occasionally use an unassigned talkgroup for testing purposes, and a few radios will be heard yakking back and forth. Then, the talkgroup is disabled and never seen again unless it gets assigned...

Tom WA8PYR

Matthew

Time to bring this thread back to life!

Early this morning there was a chemical explosion/exposure at the Sumco Chemical plant in Hamilton Twp, Warren County. I just happened to turn my scanner on after Warren County requested mutual aid from several Hamilton County fire departments and I heard Hamilton County Communications Center calling all of the area hospitals on TG 34 (Hospital Net). Remembering this thread I was curious and thus turned on both Pro96Com and Unitrunker. This is what I found.

Radio IDS in the 417### range are area hospitals. These radios were affiliated to TG 34 (Hospital Net) as well as TG 497 (???) and TG 498 (???).

Further, Sycamore Twp Fire Chief (Car 9201) had command of the Hamilton County units responding and I noticed that he was affiliated to TG 417 (???).

So, I need help in trying to identify these talkgroups. During the time I monitored the system there was no voice activity on TGS 497 and 498 but given the situation I can reasonably assume that these are some sort of disaster/hospital type talkgroups.

Finally, Car 9201 activated Command 400 and with that I believe he activated Hamilton County Fire Chiefs IMAT Team (group of fire chiefs that respond to major incidents to help command). I think TG 417 is somehow related to this function.

Thanks
Matthew

Status
Not open for further replies.