Cincinnati Police SWAT Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
CPD SWAT Truck on display near the riverfront.
Taken during the first day of Tall Stacks

Enjoy,
Mark

Attachments

• cpdswattruck2b.jpg
    cpdswattruck2b.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 14,308
  • cpdswattruck3b.jpg
    cpdswattruck3b.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 46,286
  • cpdswattruck4b.jpg
    cpdswattruck4b.jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 39,969
  • cpdswattruck5b.jpg
    cpdswattruck5b.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 3,701

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Whats the deal with those HUGE cables on the back doors? Since they are on the hinged side they really seem to serve no purpose.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
RolnCode3 said:
Keep the doors from swinging closed, no matter what?

*edit* Dangit, sorry. Didn't realize this was a regional forum post.

I doubt that since they appear to always be connected and I don't see how they would keep the doors open anyway.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
Hmm..I was looking at those cables too. I would guess that those doors are heavy being armored? Maybe they can pull on those cables while sitting on the bench to close the doors?Umm..Maybe something to to do with blast?

Just some things to think about.

RolnCode3

Ahh, I see what I was missing before. Yeah, to keep the doors from swinging all the way open. Probably as the handle to close the doors from the bench seats as well.

flyingwolf

Old School
Those doors are heavy and not easy to get moving, and dang sure arent easy to STOP, so the cables are there to keep the doors from swinging al the way out, catching an officer or other between a heavy door, and the back of the truck, those steps would be leathal if they were down and that door decided to run you into it.

Volfirefighter

Feed Provider
Do they use the same chasis as armored trucks for the units because it looks an awful lot like a Brinks truck?

JediMaster

Volfirefighter said:
Do they use the same chasis as armored trucks for the units because it looks an awful lot like a Brinks truck?

Probably. The Hamilton County SWAT truck is the exact same as a Brinks truck and rolled off the same assembly line, with just a few more gadgets added.

SLWilson

I'd say that's it !

Dubbin said:
Could they be to keep the door from opening all the way?

That'd be my guess too. The Gallia County sheriff's dept has an old armored car they converted to be a SWAT truck. They have those and they keep the HEAVY doors from swinging all the way open and hitting the tail lights and crunching them flat !!!!

Although on the Cincy truck, looks like they have folded up step mounts that would keep the door from breaking the lights out on theirs....

Steve :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.