Talk Groups ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToRmEnTeD

Hello I have a RadioShack Pro-94 scanner and i am using it to listen to montgomery' county and dayton trunked channels ..I am trying to figure out what exactly a talk group is...I am very interested in listening to some of them but i just dont get it...It only gives like 4 numbers so its not a freq...So is it something else i need to program into my scanner? The directions that came with the scanner are either over my head or they just dont really explain it...if anyone can shed some light on this for me i would greatly appreccate it.

O and i am from Germantown, Ohio. Nice to meet you all ;)

Last edited:

ToRmEnTeD

ok i am getting some information...not from here as you can see but i am starting to think that when actualy "trunking" the scanner will show the talkgroup id's instead of the scanning frequiencies or something..however i have all of montgomery countys trunked codes programed into my scanner and i see nothing...i hear the stuff i just dont see any ID's..does that mean that i am not actualy trunking or what ?

ToRmEnTeD

Hey man thanks again, :) looks very useful. I will read the site and test out readding them like the site says. Thanks . Glad you are around

Status
Not open for further replies.