39.82 in Hamilton county

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, I recieved PD traffic for the Sharonville/ Springdale area broadcasting on 39.82 with a tone of 141.3. Can anyone in Hamilton county tell me if this station is still on the air? Also, is the 33.90 fire repeater still broadcasting? That station I have heard booming in to southern california, southern Guerrero state in Mexico, and even closeby here in central pennsylvania where I'm currently at. Thanks.

Q101ATFD

Sharonville PD has moved on to P25 800MHz, but county fire is still simulcasting on 33.9 until they figure out how to activate the pagers on 800MHz. Interesting to see how far the signal goes, but when conditions were right, I used to be able to hear FD dispatch near Boston all the way in Cincinnati.

Last edited:

kc8qch

All the local PD's/FD's are now on the Hamilton County p25 Digital Trunked system for dispatch. Alot of he departments have an extra talkgroup or two for their department use. However, alot of them may still be using their old department "discrete" frequencies since the units can no longer easily go "Car to car" like in the past. It's been a while since I have listened to any of the county departments and i listen to Cincinnati mostly (moved into the city about a year ago and then recently moved to Northern Kentucky) .

The 33.9 repeaters are still being used but they are a simulcast of the FD Central Talkgroup from the Trunk system. The digital system is not decoding tones properly, so they are still using the 33.9 system for that. The FD Central Talk group is broadcasting both east and west talk groups so you can hear the whole county being dispatched right now.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
39.8200 is still being used by Springdale PD and their Services Department.
It never was used by Sharonville, it is and always has been licensed to Springdale.

Status
Not open for further replies.