Talkgroup 8208 on OSU system

Status
Not open for further replies.

16b

Premium Subscriber
Lots of Police activity on it right now. I can't figure out what its name/specific purpose is yet.

The level of activity on it right now is probably due to the big game tomorrow, but I still can't figure out exactly what it's for.

16b

Premium Subscriber
I am continuing to hear activity on 8208; it sounds like regular OSU PD dispatch/operations (I know nothing is "regular" right now, but it doesn't seem to be anything specific like, say, booze enforcement or something).

Also, I have made a couple other interesting discoveries so far:

-The P-x talkgroups in the database seem to now be referred to as DPS-x (Department of Public Safety). So now P-1 is DPS-1.
-DPS-1 (ex P-1) seems to be mostly used for parking/traffic related operations right now. This may explain why I am hearing regular police traffic on 8208.
-The talkgroup listed as P-7 is referred to as DPS-4. I take this to mean that some restructuring of talkgroups has been done, so who knows what the other P-x talkgroups are called now. I would imagine that the 8208 talkgroup is a DPS-x channel, too. I'm just waiting for someone to leak it on the air :)

Q101ATFD

Last night was the annual 'lets jump into a dirty lake and hope OSU beats michigan' night at Mirror Lake on campus. It is a huge ordeal for the students every night... Last night B and C company bike crews and 2 LT's were staging over there along with OSU PD. Expect to hear the same channel tomorrow night too...

Status
Not open for further replies.