Lucas Countys New System...

Status
Not open for further replies.

denseglow

Has anyone heard any news on Lucas Countys new system yet? I've seen a couple XTS5000s for Toledo Fire and Lucas County Sheriff. When are they going to start testing?

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
denseglow said:
Has anyone heard any news on Lucas Countys new system yet? I've seen a couple XTS5000s for Toledo Fire and Lucas County Sheriff. When are they going to start testing?

Just as soon as they receive permission from the FCC to start operating the system. Their main license request, and the STA are still awaiting approval from the Canadians. Once they give the green light, the FCC will issue one or the other, and the new system should be on the air for testing purposes.

73's

Ron

HIP

How to?

How should the new system be programmed? If I remember correctly it is a combo of 4 or 5 new freqs and the Toledo trunked system.Currently I have both in seperate banks.Should all the freqs listed be together as a P25 system?Or seperated like I have them?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Put in the control channels, just like you do a non-digital system.

HIP

Testing has begun

TG 8192 has been heard several times tonight on the 852.2125 control channel.testing 123

denseglow

I am not sure but when I put the CC on man mode I get 96: BEE00, T0101, and SY1CF all rolling. Does this help?

denseglow

What is the WACN? I've been monitoring since about 4 am and have not heard one word. Hope they test today...

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I can't imagine they would do much testing at 4:30 on a Saturday morning ;> I'd doubt they would be doing any at all on a weekend (at least this early in the process.)

VolCapt

Control Channel Reception

How's the signal strength of the CC been for others with a Pro 96? Anybody know if any of the other sites are working or just Lewis Ave.?

Reception is marginal here in the Point Place area, especially indoors. Bounces between 0 and 98% just walking around and moving the scanner a few feet or even a few inches.

Doesn't give me a good feeling about the new system's performance out here....Yeah I know it will be different with an actual radio but still...The current Toledo TRS and MARCS have 99% signal at almost all times on my 96.

ctpd845

Feed Provider
I'm pretty sure that not all the towers are transmitting. And that ones that are transmitting aren't transmitting at full power. Hopefully the signal will get better when the system is fully online.

jpryor

Same here on the east side in Oregon, not getting that great of a signal. And not any better when driving through downtown. From what I can determine only western tower sites are online at this time. I do have Pro96Com decoding software up on the the system full time now even with the marginal reception. This is to just to log system activity from the control channel, however hasn't really been any traffic since the first week or so.

As for control channel frequencies, Pro96Com is reporting 852.2125 as control with alternate control channels of 853.1625, 855.4625 and 855.4875. Those will be the only four frequencies that people will need for trunked programming as long as that does not change. The only frequency with logged voice traffic was 852.1125, and we probably won't see too much activity on any other frequencies until more are made available from the existing Toledo 800 system. It's going to be interesting to see how they coordinate the transition.

VolCapt

jpryor said:
From what I can determine only western tower sites are online at this time.

That's good to hear...I'm sure it will improve when all sites are up and running (Hopefully that will be soon)

denseglow

Amen to that, my girlfriend doesn't understand how I can be excited about "them getting new walkie-talkies" as she puts it. :) Does anyone know what order they are going to make the switch? I am assuming Toledo will go first since it's being built off their frequencies. Keep us updated Lucas County users! Happy New Year Everyone!

denseglow

When I hear that it is supposed to be "fully constructed and operational by March 30, 2007", does that mean all or some of the users will be online? or just that it will be working? Do they have a expected date for everyone in the county to be online, thanks!

FireDawgEMT22

yeah TPD and TFRD will be running in March, with oregon to follow shortly. Right now they only have one tower being tested at a time...which is why the low recpetion rates. they will have 13 towers, and they claim with one tower they can trasmit to central BG.

Status
Not open for further replies.