Row 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibagli

Whenever I'm in Columbus every once in a while, I hear fire dispatch refer to "Row 1", and I've always wondered what it was. What exactly is it?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
ibagli said:
Whenever I'm in Columbus every once in a while, I hear fire dispatch refer to "Row 1", and I've always wondered what it was. What exactly is it?

The drunk bus.

Picks up intoxicated persons on streetcorners (usually homeless) and hauls them to a shelter.

DualReverse

Premium Subscriber
What wa8pyr said.

Its run by NetCare, the local crisis intervention organization.

It really stands for Reach Out Worker 1, though I've heard it called may other things...;)

Mylan

Feed Provider
I was wondering about that also....

So are they considered a fire unit?..... or a seperate entity with their own TG?

I say this because of 703's sig. It makes me wonder why Columbus fire would directly dispatch a non emergency responder such as that. (is NetCare a private amb. service or something?)

DualReverse

Premium Subscriber
Mylan said:

So are they considered a fire unit?..... or a seperate entity with their own TG?

I say this because of 703's sig. It makes me wonder why Columbus fire would directly dispatch a non emergency responder such as that. (is NetCare a private amb. service or something?)

Established in 1972, Netcare Corporation is Franklin county's mental health/alcohol and drug crisis intervention, assessment and referral service. Netcare is your connection to the county's Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health (ADAMH) system, providing referrals to other ADAMH agencies for treatment services.

ROW-1 as a unit traces its units back to ACO-1 and ACO-2 (Alcahol Control Officers), who were light duty firefighters.

The vehicle has an 800 base radio without a dial. As far as I know, they have 10 Fire, only.

Current ROW-1 is a white dodge caravan with 'NETCARE' on the side. It has a yellow lightbar.

Mylan

Feed Provider
Thanks for the reply... I have never listened to columbus fire so I don't know anything about their ops.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Mylan said:

ROW-1 is dispatched by CFD as CFD is the only entity with a citywide dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.