MARCS and the 796d

Status
Not open for further replies.

durango5550

Booger D.
I am not a noob to this hobby what so ever , I am how ever new to the MARCS system. I have other digital trunking systems programmed already and they are working just fine. Here is my problem .... How or should i say What is the best way to program the Marcs system into the 796? My location i should be able to pick up 3 towers with out an issue. I have done searches on the subject but most of it pertains to the 996 or the 396.

Thanks in advance

Dan

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by 'best way'? Program the system just like you would any other system, digital or not...

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Dan,

The 250D series scanners cannot scan multi towers in the same bank. Thus program each tower system into a separate bank. However, if you are mobile where you may drive out of range of one tower - and acquire another, then two or more systems using CC only (with same plan) will work.

durango5550

Booger D.
fmon said:
Dan,

The 250D series scanners cannot scan multi towers in the same bank. Thus program each tower system into a separate bank. However, if you are mobile where you may drive out of range of one tower - and acquire another, then two or more systems using CC only (with same plan) will work.

Thats kinda what i figured... i have two towers programmed in separate banks with the same ids in both banks as well .. it has been working but i have heard that some people throw conventional freqs in between the CC's or something like that ....

thanks for the help all really appritiate it

Dan

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
They don't do that on the Uniden line - that's a Pro96 tweak...

I have done the same with my 796D and my Pro-96. Of course, the 96 will trunk multiple sites better than the 796D, but you can try it. I have the site channels, then a conventional one, then another site. If I travel, it drops one site and picks up another. At home, it holds the strongest one. If I want to hear something else, I lock out the strong one(s).
This works well if you are running something like Unitrunker, and you want to just go manual and scroll through the control channels to see what's cooking.

durango5550

Booger D.
i i wouldnt trade this off for the rad shack shat!! :)

Just being a little sarcastic.

It has been working fine .. trying to figure out the new Wva interop system but i think i got it .

Scanning with the new digital has been alot of fun , been hearing alot of the Belmont county EOC guys using some very very fowl language on the radio , surprised they havent been warned about that. but anyhow happy scanning everyone

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year.

Dan

budman8

BC796D Frequencies

Hello all.

I live in Columbus, Ohio. I was wondering if any of you kind folks would have a file that I could use with my arc 250 with all the Columbus Frequencies. I would be ever so grateful. Thank so much ahead of time.

Jerry

Mylan

Feed Provider
Dawson you still around? ....hey I have had nothing but unidens for eons but I broke down and got a $399 pro 96 a couple of months ago and now it is without a doubt my #1 radio. the digital audio is so clear that I sometimes can't even tell it's dig. and it is easy to operate.... I have 2 796's 1 996 1 396t and as for scanning trunking systems, they suck.... the pro96 doesn't pause on the CC like the unidens causing missed comms. I can't believe I'm saying it but the RS scanner is the real champ and when they go back down to $399 I will get another.

Status
Not open for further replies.