407.95 in columbus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8myc

Has anyone monitored 407.95 in the Columbus area? I'm hearing some kind of security? Periodical checking of locations. It's analog in the clear and simplex. Only hearing the base side. I checked Wiki but nothing there or elsewhere here as to who they are. Thanks.

n8myc

I barely hear the P25 freqs for DSCC from the west side. I would have to rule that one out. Unless they have a better antenna location.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
n8myc said:
I barely hear the P25 freqs for DSCC from the west side. I would have to rule that one out. Unless they have a better antenna location.
Yeah DSCC has it's security freq as 408.xxx, are you hearing this in analog? Because if so I will try to monitor it. Where abouts in Columbus do you live cause I live on the extreme north side of the county so if it's simplex I doubt I will hear much.

Last edited:

n8myc

I live in Valleyview, near Hilltop. Yes, it is simplex analog. I only started to receive this freq 2 weeks ago when I moved my shack around and the antenna,(back of set) is now in front of the window facing west. I doubt it's coming from the west because there is nothing for miles in that direction from here. Also I'm probably getting an S5 quality signal.

16b

Premium Subscriber
That frequency sounds familiar like I've heard it before, but I can't quite place it. I know that I have heard postal inspectors in that range in Columbus before, and since you're not too far from the main post office I suppose that's a possibility.

KC8JPZ

Premium Subscriber
Ok guys, get the yagis out. I'll listen from the Groveport area and draw a line.We get a few more of ya to do this we could probably come up with something.. I'll give it a shot.

n8myc

16b said:
That frequency sounds familiar like I've heard it before, but I can't quite place it. I know that I have heard postal inspectors in that range in Columbus before, and since you're not too far from the main post office I suppose that's a possibility.
You could be right. I totally forgot about them. I heard them mention that frequency as channel 1. The hunt begins. Nothing else to do in the winter here.

Status
Not open for further replies.