Any good frequencies in Columbus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lnmrmn

I have the Columbus trunking sytem programmed in with all of the police channels, but is there anything else good to listen to in the Columbus area? I like to listen to anything, so feel free to suggest anything. Thanks.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
If you don't have Columbus Fire Dept. programmed, put them in there. The 10 FIRE talkgroup is the one that they dispatch off of. Also, put in the suburban police and fire departments and the Franklin County Sheriff. If you live near Port Columbus, put in the airport frequencies. And with the CPD talkgroups, people might disagree here, but I believe the talkgroup with the most "interesting" activity is ZONE 5 (Central). This is just my opinion, it always seemed to me that this channel has most of the interesting stuff, since it covers some pretty bad parts of town. :)

16b

Premium Subscriber
If you're looking for "entertaining":

School buses.

Taxicab repeaters (especially those with reverse phone patches so calls can be taken over the radio) are fun if you can understand what is being said.

146.760 is entertaining sometimes, too.

If you're on the north/northwest side, you might be able to hear Zoo security on 464.525. Boring most of the time, but can get interesting occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.