Snow Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

The snow has started falling here in southern Ohio. In Gallia County, they've called out the county garage crews. ODOT has also been called out.

Only had one crash so far. No injuries.

It's going to be a BUSY scanning day here.

This is our first real snowfall of the winter and the drivers all still have their sumer driving habits in mind!!!

Steve/KB8FAR ;) ;) ;)

Bucko

Yes it has been snowing here too since 8am, the bad thing is it started out here with freezing rain so things are pretty slick and busy. As I write this an OSP unit is hung up on a county road near by and waiting on the county hwy dept to rescue him.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
Yup its snowing here for the first time this winter. I guess they are calling for less then an inch, I can live with that.

jscott02

I'm in Sunbury today...we got prolly 3 or 4. Hard to say with all the drifting going on out there.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
About 3 inches on the ground here between Cincinnati and Dayton.
It has provided some great listening this morning, From the removal crews
to OSP covering slide offs. The first snow always provides the best listening as it
take drivers around here about the 4th snowfall to learn to drive in it.

SLWilson

Update - Gallia County

:roll:
SLWilson said:
The snow has started falling here in southern Ohio. In Gallia County, they've called out the county garage crews. ODOT has also been called out.
Steve/KB8FAR ;) ;) ;)
We're at 1:30PM now. The snow has ceased here for now. Still around 30 degrees. The county highway department is keeping their repeater warm so far. They're resorted to plowing in the northern end of the county. It isn't as bad in the lower half. Down toward Lawrence, they're getting the freezing rain. The city has salted most city streets. They're slushy. We've had about 12 or so crashes in the Post 27 coverage areas (Gallia-Meigs Counties)...Steve/KB8FAR :roll: :roll: :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.