Columbus Fire Dispatching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed that just recently (I've just noticed today), that 10 FIRE is now routinely dispatching 4 engines to all structure fires? In the past they dispatch 3 engines to fires, and 4 to high-rise fires only. But just recently, they have been using 4 engines for all structure fires.

Q101ATFD

During extreme temps (hot or cold) CFD dispatches an extra engine on the first alarm for extra manpower... I forget what the cutoff temperature is - somewhere around 15º F.

mlinthicum

Kinda like when their in "Storms" mode, and only send a single engine to fire alarms. Dayton has been stagging an engine alot earlier then normal, now that the temps are so cold. I'm sure the extra manpower is very welcome on the scene.

medic611

Like the other night a ladder waterway was NOT drained before trying to lowering the ladder , now that spare ladder is on its way to sutphen for $ 20,000.00 + worth of repairs. XL 32

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
medic611 said:
Like the other night a ladder waterway was NOT drained before trying to lowering the ladder , now that spare ladder is on its way to sutphen for $ 20,000.00 + worth of repairs. XL 32
I'm guessing it froze and messed up the plumbing?

medic611

tore waterway off , blew out both hydraulic cylinders , entire ladder section has to be replaced . as of yesterday they will know if anything else needs worked on ....... good thing it was an older truck and not one of the newer 800,000.00 ones

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
medic611 said:
tore waterway off , blew out both hydraulic cylinders , entire ladder section has to be replaced . as of yesterday they will know if anything else needs worked on ....... good thing it was an older truck and not one of the newer 800,000.00 ones
Wow, someone's going to receive quite a lecture for this incident.

DualReverse

Premium Subscriber
medic611 said:

Which fire?

Old Bag O' Nails, or one of the 2nds earlier this week?

Colin, all the area departments are bumping their assignments due to the wx. Most of our residential boxes are going out as commercial boxes at least until Monday...

Status
Not open for further replies.