Sharing WIN9X data files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiodesperado

I assume that some of you out there are using Mr. Starr's WIN9X software for programming and managing the databases on your Radio Shack scanners.

I was thinking that a thread possibly could be created to share these data files.

I personally run two different files depending on what I am trying to listen to due to the CPD and Franklin CO Comms data taking up three whole banks in my Pro95. I also think that sharing around may give some of the noobs that are buying scanners a place to pull a file and get into listening alot quicker. I have been a computer tech at some level for the better part of 12 yrs, but hand programming a trunking scanner from the faceplate is still a task I can't complete in a reasonable amount of time.

I know that we can extract the data from the web site here, but then there is the whole layout in the scanner. And the way that you lay it out is going to depend on the area of town that you live and what your preferences are for monitoring.

So how about it? I have some files to push up someplace, right not they are one scanner types of files meaning they have EVERYTHING on them.

Let me know what you all think.

Status
Not open for further replies.