Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

A question for the Ohio folks, I recently bought a GE Ericsson Orion low band radio off
the junk hunter's favorite place, eBay. I got the radio today and discovered the radio was originally owned by the Ohio Highway Patrol. The question I have is this, does anyone know what type control head was used by the OHP for this type radio? If I can find a control head and the needed wiring harness, I hope to use the radio for 6 meters. If not 6 meters then as a monitoring radio for low band skip. Thanks for any and all help.

Steve Taylor
KD4LCY
KAF9087

SLWilson

Might Help !

Not sure if this will help or not, but, the pics below are of the GE control head of the low band radio in one of the OSP mobiles from March of LAST year.

Our post has had most of them removed now, but, at the time this was taken, they still had the GE's AND just had their Astro's instelled....

The other thing you migh do is go to the Ohio website. I got an email of an upcoming AUCTION in Columbus where they will be selling off old GE & Motorola low band radios, in-car cameras and all sorts of other surplus stuff....

Steve/KB8FAR

Last edited:

Steve

Thanks Steve.
The control head looks very simliar to the ones the Alabama State Troopers were using before the switch to VHF Astros.

Steve
KD4LCY
KAF9087

Status
Not open for further replies.