Delaware County

Status
Not open for further replies.

omartin3

Anyone an active monitor of Delaware County and familiar with their freqs. I have programmed the trunking info, but get nothing....including when I'm in the county. Are they not completelly switched over to the new systeM?

omartin3

Thanks Bob.....any suggestions for handheld or mobile app? I'd prefer to look toward soemthing handheld for ease of travel etc...I appreciate your expertise and insight.

O

n8myc

PRO96 is on sale right now till the 31st for $399. As a matter of fact according Radio Shacks web site search they have them in stock at the Stringtown road store there in Grove City. For that price it's certainly worth it.

omartin3

We must have been on there at same time! lol. I just saw that. I'm going to stop in tomorrow. I was already there once today, I don't want them to think I'm stalking! Take care brother and Thanks. I'm slowly getting things in line here....still studying for my tech exam.
O

n8myc

omartin3 said:
I'm slowly getting things in line here....still studying for my tech exam.
O

Keep up the studying...having that ham ticket is well worth it. You'll be able to "talk" as well as listen. Lots of fun!

markle

When you program the control channels for Delaware County be sure to check the proper frequencies. They were posted wrong on RR and I had to enter all the freqs before getting the control channel (It wasn't in red or blue). This was several months back and may now be correct. My PRO 96 works great on the Delaware System. You'll also get the Franklin County analog system clear as a drum with the new tower at Polaris.

omartin3

The new tower is great for the Columbus system listening North of Franklin Co. I appreciate all the answers....

I'll be saving up to add a digital to my equipment.

16b

Premium Subscriber
The Delaware County system really gives the scanners I have tried a hard time. Due to the simulcasting I usually don't get much more than gobbly-gook ("Medic 3 resp...BBRRRRRRTT...SSSHHHHHSHSHSHSHS...blip...brrp...EMS 1....blip"). What's weird is that this seems to happen in an awful lot of different places. I took a BC796 with me on a drive through Delaware county and the system sounded fine when I was north of Delaware on 42, but when I got into town it was breaking up horribly, and didn't get better at all as I continued south. The Pro-96 doesn't seem to do a whole lot better. I can understand having a few spots where the scanner gets screwed up, but it seems like it sounds bad more places than it sounds good.

I'm far from discouraging you from buying a digital scanner, just letting you know what you might be in for trying to listen to Delaware County. Other folks may have different experiences; if so I'd like to know what they're doing different :)

In any case the Pro-96 will work great on MARCS and any other digital systems that pop up.

n8myc

I have the same problem with the gobbly gook on my 2096 and 796 so I just gave up on it from my location.

jkm

Hello to all,

Some time back, I was trying to listen to the Delaware County system and had the same problem here in the NW part of Columbus. I ended up purchasing an 8-element yagi antenna for cellular frequencies, and just aimed it around until it received one site stronger than any of the others. Then I was able to get much more consistent results and the system became monitorable. Here is a link to the antenna I use:

http://www.wilsonelectronics.com/ViewProductB.php?ID=13

It's small so it could fit in a closet if you didn't want to mount it permanently outside. I've used mine inside with great results. It also works nice if you can get it outside. A few times, I've been able to hear the Greene and Montgomery County trunked systems from up here in NW Columbus with the antenna just a few feet off the ground in an open area (one of the local parks). If the antenna was up in the air above the trees, they may actually be able to be consistently monitored.

Hope that helps. Happy Scanning and Enjoy!

Justin/W1IX

mmartinfan

Banned
I have really no problem monitoring the system on the west side of Kolumbus.

I'm using just a stock rat shack 800Mhz antenna on my 396. Sometimes I hook-up my mobile dual-pig tail but its not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.