COUNTY 41 blitz- OSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mylan

Feed Provider
What in the heck is going in in jefferson county tonight..... the post 41 channel is not shutting up with signal 3's called in by not only their troopers but units that I recognize as working out of posts 7, 30, and 84 as well as ones I dont recognize.... I know they are all working 41 because of the locations of the 3's

I figure that by the time I get a response on here I will have seen some kind of media coverage of what this is all about because I have never ever heard any kind of saturation blitz like this....It's ridiculous..... yesterday I heard the airplane working it....

rcool101

Feed Provider
Blitz

They have a command center at the airport. There are troopers here from all over. Some are staying in motels in Steub. while others are commuting from their own posts. The helo is at Jeff Co airport also. They are stopping cars downtown Steub, on the hilltops and most of the county. The Alcohol boys are in town also. suppose to last 3 days starting Wed. My local watering hole is empty. There was a high speed chase that ended on Co.43. There were so many cruisers there that EMS could not get near. Lots of traffic on the Marcs channels. Also lots of activity from the local pds. and sheriff with many drug busts.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yep,

Look for tfc on OUI AKR ENF1 / 2 and P41 TGs as well as Jeffco 911 trunked system.

They just got done with a chase of a .19 from Toronto, down alikanna / seven springs, up grafton road to 213 where the suspect 31'd. A trooper 31d prior to that, but his vehicle was still usable so he continued chase.

~20 units involved in that chase heh. 16 year old male driver and a 14 and a 15 year old female passenger.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I've heard it told that there are ~100 additional law enforcement in the area. This includes ~7 us marshalls, K-9 units. Chopper was out on the chase I mentioned above.

they are pulling people over for looking at them sideways - if there is ANYTHIGN they can pull you over for, you will be pulled over. Tickets and warnings left and right. Multiple searches.

Groups of OSP sit and pounce at once.

Good clean scanner monitoring fun here tonight.

M

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If you have Teamspeak you can listen in on the fun at ts.ovscan.com (using teamspeak). This feed is usually on the MVBN feed, but I have people joining the channel who can't handle the codec on MVBN because the listeners are on dialup - so I temporarily moved it over to my server where I could control that.

Once mlith changes the codec for the Jeff Co channel on teamspeak, the feed will be back up in there. I've got jeffco 911 system and area MARCS towers scanning now.

M

rcool101

Feed Provider
Blitz

I heard there was a car from every post but don't know how true. Supposed to end Sat night but also heard they may extend it. I have 4 scanners going now

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
rcool101 said:
I heard there was a car from every post but don't know how true. Supposed to end Sat night but also heard they may extend it. I have 4 scanners going now

Four scanners? You SOB! I only have one here. everything else is lent out. So I'm sure I'm missin some stuff. A car from every post? Could be - that'd be 88 heh. and that would jive with what i heard about 100 additional LE in the area.

M

rcool101

Feed Provider
My wife was east bound past the 43 exit in Wint. yesterday about 4:00 P.M. and there were 5 troopers sitting at the exit just waiting to pull somebody over. But it's not just the troopers. Its all the county PDs and sheriff also that have been very busy

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
rcool101 said:
My wife was east bound past the 43 exit in Wint. yesterday about 4:00 P.M. and there were 5 troopers sitting at the exit just waiting to pull somebody over. But it's not just the troopers. Its all the count PDs and sheriff also that have been very busy

Yep they are all raking in the money. It's really not as much of a hardship for them to do this as one would first think (as far as cost goes). I mean they are pulling over and ticketing anything that moves. I heard Mingo all day picking people off at Commercial Ave / 7. they'd no sooner be back in service from one call and then they'd have two more pulled over.

M

rcool101

Feed Provider
Blitz

Troopers even brought canine units. Did anybody see the news last night? At a drug bust yesterday somebody brought what looked like a armored car with a hatch on top maned with an automatic weapon

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
rcool101 said:
Troopers even brought canine units. Did anybody see the news last night? At a drug bust yesterday somebody brought what looked like a armored car with a hatch on top maned with an automatic weapon

ROFL. No i ddin't see that. Woulda been something interesting to see for sure. Haven't seen the likes of this kinda thing for a long time. I didn't watch the news, but I heard that SPD busted about 17 people, most living in some housing project, on drug-related charges.

M

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The Jefferson County feed is now back online at MVBN

Teamspeak server address: mvbn.kc8qch.com:8768

Just join the OH-Jefferson County room.

Thanks to mlith or whichever admin set the codec lower !

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
mtindor said:
Jefferson County 911 system TG 8304 is patched to MARCS Post 41 Wintersville TAC (P41TAC)

Mike

Actually, an OSP unit was trying to get a hold of a wells township vehicle and was supposedly calling them on LEERN. Because the SO was talking to Wells Township and telling Wells that he was being called on 'LEERN' - And then another SO said he could find the OSP that was calling for him on the channel marked 'PURSUIT' on his radio. That's when I heard Wells Twp on TG 8304 of Jeffco 911 and heard the OSP unit talking back to him on P41 Wintersville TAC.

So I'm not sure if JC911 TG 8304 is patched to some 154.935 LEERN radio and P41 Wintersville TAC on MARCS is also patched to some 154.935 LEERN radio, or if JC911 TG8304 is/was a direct patch to P41TAC on MARCS.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.