Updating for Phase II Wireless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Our county is in the process of updating our in-house equipment to process Enhanced Wireless (cellular) 911 calls.

We have had our CAD system, telephone server, 911 Proctor (call processor) and mapping software updated.

We are waiting on our cellular providers to "get their end" upgraded to be able to "send" the data to us.

Once they're ready, we'll be able to identify and track a caller who dials 911 on their cell phone (if they are IN our county) in an emergency....

Several Ohio counties are in process with this upgrade. Only a few Ohio counties have COMPLETED the install and can actively track their emergency cell calls.....

Steve/KB8FAR :p

Attachments

• Console 1.JPG
    Console 1.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 259
  • Console 2.JPG
    Console 2.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 198
  • Gallia911.JPG
    Gallia911.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 220

FPO703

BEEP BEEP BEEP ..... Attention All Units.........

Nice setup, Steve. I wish I had that setup in my radio room.

SLWilson

Three Posirions

FPO703 said:
BEEP BEEP BEEP ..... Attention All Units.........
Nice setup, Steve. I wish I had that setup in my radio room.
We actually have three identical positions. I just didn't post the 3rd. They are all "mirrored" so each operator has all of the same functions available to them....

We handle 9 volunteer FD's, the Rio Grande village PD, the Gallipolis City PD, Gallia County EMS and Rescue and the Gallia County S.O.....Directly dispatched from our center....

We have the S.O. 27 MARCS radio as well as the EMA MARCS radios in the consoles here too....

Steve/Gallia 911 :wink:

Attachments

• Console.JPG
    Console.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Truck 668  2.jpg
    Truck 668 2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Console Install.jpg
    Console Install.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 115
Last edited: