P25 Hams in Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

16b

Premium Subscriber
If there are any hams in the Columbus area with Project 25 digital equipment (on UHF) who would like to try to talk, I'm interested. I just got a UHF P25 radio at Dayton.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
I'm told a couple of guys in the Columbus area just purchased a P25 repeater. They are just starting to test the repeater and prepare it for a site that I can't recall. I'm thinking it was VHF but I'm not sure. I will double check and post back here.

k9gunner

On the topic of repeaters, I am looking to set up a VHF repeter for our Search & Rescue Team. Anyone have time to run me through roughly what this will cost and what coverage we will get in the Datyon area? We are looking at putting it just north of Huber Heights.

16b

Premium Subscriber
k9gunner:
Cost is hard to estimate, but expect well over $1000 even going with the absolute cheapest options (which I'm not sure if you want for a S&R team). You will likely have to hire someone to consult/help with this project.

You might want to look into renting space on a trunking system or community repeater before trying to set up your own. If you are in the Dayton area, check out P&R Communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.