Visiting Cincinnati This Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
I'll be visiting Cincinnati this weekend with the family. We'll be staying downtown. Of course, I'll bring the 396 with me. I'm actually more interested in listening to some attractions and hotels than the public safety stuff (although I'm sure I'll try out the Hamilton County/Cincinnati P25 system at least a couple of times). I've done some research, and compiled a short list of things to scan:

Attractions
National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, Great American Ballpark, US Bank Arena, Paul Brown Stadium, Tower Place, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, Taft Museum, Cincinnati Art Museum

Hotels
Westin, Hilton Netherland, Cincinnatian, Hyatt, Millenium, Marriott (Covington, KY)

I used the FCC database to find frequencies for all the attractions except the US Bank Arena. However, there was a post on this board from a few months ago with freqs for that, so I've got something to work with. Surprisingly, except for the Marriott, I found very little in the FCC database for the hotels. I guess I'll be searching and using Close Call a lot--but that's part of the fun!

So, I have a couple questions for the board:

1. Does anyone have additional information about any of these attractions/hotels, other than what's in the FCC database? (I also searched the MONIX list, the MONIX Yahoo group, and this board.)

2. Any other major attractions (preferably in the downtown area) that I should add to the list?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Great American Ballpark is listed in the db under Hamilton County.
Farm phenom Homer Bailey will make his first Major League start on Saturday so there is likely to be a good sized crowd for the game. Reds fans have been waiting for this.

You could try for the Newport Aquarium just across the river, also Newport On The Levy which is lisited under Campbell County, Kentucky.

I don't know of anything going on at US Bank Arena this weekend (us locals still prefer to call it The Coliseum or Riverfront),
so I don't know whether their frequencies will be active.

Have a great time while you're in The Queen City!

dtscho

Database Admin
We'll definitely be going to a Reds game--I made sure they were in town before I booked the hotel. I don't know if we'll be going Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks for the tip about the Newport stuff--I'll put that in the scanner. I think there is some kind of small event going on at the arena, so hopefully I'll find a few things there.

Will provide many updates for the database when I get back.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.