Preble / Darke 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

LPROB00

Premium Subscriber
This post is for general discussion and wonder. I'm interested in what all of you think about this idea. I wonder if Preble and Darke have ever considered a joint 800 radio system. I don't know about anyone else, but I think it'd be a worth while thing. There would be the ability to have full inter-op capabilties for the entire S/W Ohio area with Butler now on the way with theirs. Would it be feasible for Darke and Preble to join MARCS?? Everyone else in this area is on a 800 system except them. Not counting Mercer and Shelby. Seems that they would benefit from having that kind of radio coverage and inter-op capabilites. Tell me what you all think??????????

Last edited:

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Darke and Preble are both very rural counties. Monitor them for any 24 hour period and there is not all that much radio traffic. I do not see how they could justify the expense of erecting an 800 MHz TRS for interoperability and everyday communications. They do just fine using 155.3700, 155.475 and 154.280 (for Fire). If anything the interoperability would be needed more with the Indiana agencies just across the state line, especially Wayne County, Indiana who is moving to the statewide SAFE-T system.

MARCS would probably be the most feasible and econmical option, but I do not see them ever sharing their own system.

Good discussion idea! I have been monitoring Preble County for over twenty years and its always been one of my favorites to listen in to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.