New to scanning. Central OHIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CATFISH1998

I found a police scanner in a box of trash pluged it in an it worked. It is a Radio Shack UVHF Direct entry programmable am/fm scanning receiver. I just need to know some codes to put into it. Just looking on the net an saw this site.Thank for your time.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Click on Database at the top of the page here. Click on Ohio and then click on
Franklin County, its all right there.

I hope it is a trunktracking scanner or you're going to miss a lot.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
CATFISH1998 said:
I found a police scanner in a box of trash pluged it in an it worked. It is a Radio Shack UVHF Direct entry programmable am/fm scanning receiver. I just need to know some codes to put into it. Just looking on the net an saw this site.Thank for your time.
All you would be able to hear in Franklin County with that scanner would be Whitehall PD, Reynoldsburg PD, and Gahanna PD, that's about it...Columbus is on a trunked system which that scanner won't follow.

CATFISH1998

Thats cool guys . First sorry about the double post. Your right all I can get is Columbus police just can't keep up with one thing. Just till they stop talking. So what kind of scanner should I get for Columbus.

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
CATFISH1998 said:
Thats cool guys . First sorry about the double post. Your right all I can get is Columbus police just can't keep up with one thing. Just till they stop talking. So what kind of scanner should I get for Columbus.
Anything that does trunking systems. If you want something real cheap, you can probably get a Radioshack PRO-95 or 93 off ebay for about $50, but I would go with either the PRO-2055 (I have it and it works great for this area) or the PRO-97 which is the portable version of the 2055. With the ones I mentioned, you will be able to listen to Columbus properly.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.