where to buy bearcats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mparker

is there anyplace local that has good prices on bearcat scanners in columbus ?

i am looking to get a bct15

mparker

awesome... i didnt even know that place was local to me... hahaha i think i am going to head there on monday or wednesday... hope that bct15 is still there

pogbobo

dont hate, but I got my BCT15 new on eBay for $230 shipped ... :)

enine

Universal is a nice place, they charge a little more than some internet places but you don't have to pay shipping and get to see it in your hand first so its worth it.

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
Prices are pretty typical & average - tho slightly more then some internet sites, yes.

Service I've had ranged from pretty good to indifferent and snotty. More than any radio store I've dealt with, Universal employees seem to be more 'I'm here for the paycheck, not cuz I really dig this job' types. I've seen the catalog - maybe you have to be a cat to feel the love around the place.

And Fred isn't having Barbara look quite the strumpet as in the older catalogs.

What's truly great -- they've got every major piece of equipment set up in their showroom operational and hooked up to an antenna so you can sit and decide whether that beautiful radio priced at $50 or $500 or $5000 is worth it.

You're lucky to live so close to such a radiohead's kinda store, I envy you. I live 2+ hours away and have made many a trip - it's worth a little drive if you love radio!

Status
Not open for further replies.