Columbus Trunked Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgrembow

Does anyone know why there is a Franklin County Communications Authority (Public Safety) trunked radio system listed in the database when all trunked public safety communications used by Franklin County are over the City of Columbus owned system?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Just because it is licensed for the City of Columbus does not mean that is how
they label the system. It was built for the entire county to use thus the local powers that be named the system.

jds911

There is no official "Franklin County Communications Authority". That is a name I assume the RR Database created to list the systems and talk-groups.

The Franklin County 800mz Radio System (owned by the commissioners) and the City of Columbus 800mz Radio System (owned by the City of Columbus) are governed by a board developed in 1997. That board known as the Central Ohio 800mz Advisory Committee makes system decisions, establishes policies and oversees the use of both systems. Committee members are appointed based on committee bylaws that were adopted by the county commissioners and the Columbus city council.

ajpritch

Here was the agreement from the County and City. This was taken off of the County's website

The County Commissioners and the City of Columbus have formed a consolidated countywide 800 MHz radio system, unifying public safety entities that previously operated on separate radio frequencies. The City is responsible for the radio infrastructure antenna, transmitters, etc.) for police and fire departments and other safety forces. The County oes the same for public service agencies like the County Engineer and the Emergency Management Agency.

16b

Premium Subscriber
jds911 said:
There is no official "Franklin County Communications Authority". That is a name I assume the RR Database created to list the systems and talk-groups.

The Franklin County 800mz Radio System (owned by the commissioners) and the City of Columbus 800mz Radio System (owned by the City of Columbus) are governed by a board developed in 1997. That board known as the Central Ohio 800mz Advisory Committee makes system decisions, establishes policies and oversees the use of both systems. Committee members are appointed based on committee bylaws that were adopted by the county commissioners and the Columbus city council.
I'm glad someone with some authoritah has cleared this up. I always suspected that since I have never heard of "Franklin County Communications Authority" outside of this website, there might not actually be such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.