Harrison County 800 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr400

I hear two frequencies licensed to Harrison County come up from time to time but they appear to be unmodulated carriers, they do ID in code periodically.

They are licensed to Harrison County but have not heard any voice.

dr400

radioscan said:
It doesn't say what their exact use is other than Public Safety. They are listed as conventional and not trunked. You may try some of the others, could be something new they haven't got fully operating yet.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&cs=WPMB710&action=fcc

Thanks Frank,

I suspect this may be the rebanding getting started. Jefferson and Belmont 911 are in the planning stages and Wheeling, WV will be going at or about the same time. I know Belmont has their new frequencies but I don't have them. Belmont is digital PD and analog fire, Wheeling and Jefferson are analog. Some discussion about Wheeling going digital as part of the rebanding but right now that is discussion. Belmont, Jefferson and Wheeling are trunked.

Dale
KA8KOD

FPO703

Rebanding hasn't started anywhere in Ohio or WV, yet.

Those other channels might be conventional talk-around channels for one service or another.

dr400

FPO703 said:
Rebanding hasn't started anywhere in Ohio or WV, yet.

Those other channels might be conventional talk-around channels for one service or another.

Yes, I was looking in the wrong spot, Mark.

I can tell you the rebanding process has started here, the money has been spent for planning and the frequencies have been aquired for the Belmont 911, don't know how far along Wheeling and Jefferson are but I know Jefferson has also started the planning phase. Harrison has approved spending the money for their change. They will be reimbursed by Nextel. Belmont, Jefferson, Harrison and Wheeling have more or less decided to go at the same time because of their interaction amonst each other. They are not at the replacing radios and transmitters phase yet but the process is underway. It will go the same way when Cincinnati goes, Northern Kentucky will need to go at the same time. .

Sorry about the name confusion.

Dale

FPO703

No, the rebanding process has NOT started in Ohio or anywhere near here. Ohio and states that border or are near to Canada will be the last ones to reband.

Also, Belmont County has NOT gotten ANY new frequencies assigned to them by the FCC.

The ones that Harrison County has are in the current NPSPAC bandwidth and are NOT part of the rebanding efforts.

medic_35

Here are the 800mhz frequencies I here Harrison Co. Sheriffs on

Also 151.19750Mhz is also used by Harrison Co. Sheriffs

Status
Not open for further replies.