Pro2096 Vs Bc996t

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinhead

I was thinking of buying one of these radio . what does every body think. is the best one .an is the digital equal. thank you.

wdz

Feed Provider
It's pretty much like the Ford-Chevy debate, you have guys on either side of the fence. I personally like Uniden scanners a little bit better. I have a BCT15, which is the 996's little brother and I love it.

wabc770

Premium Subscriber
pinhead said:
I was thinking of buying one of these radio . what does every body think. is the best one .an is the digital equal. thank you.
This CAN be a Ford-Chevy kinda thing. I'm not anti-Uniden, and I've got a 780 from Uniden that I wouldn't trade for a night with the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders (k, I might).

But I've owned both a 996 and a 2096. Got the 2096 first. The 996 enticed me with a helluva lot of features, a ton of great reviews, and my 780 experience. Thought it would make the 2096 look like Lexus vs Yugo.

After using both side by side, I wound up keeping the 2096 and saying buh-bye to the 996.

Whatever amazing things each scanner can do, I mostly want to be able to load a couple hundred channels of assorted digital/analog trunked systems, conventional systems, and listen to the derelicts and crises of the world pass by on a daily basis.

For that, loading both with the same group of channels, I wound up hearing 30-50% more on the 2096. It scanned faster, had better selectivity, better digital performance, and while it couldn't do everything the 996 did, it did what I mainly wanted a scanner to do better.

Just one man's opinion.

You'll get a nice radio either way. I just think you'll get a better one with the 2096.
And as was mentioned, maybe hold off till the new breed of GRE rigs appear this fall.

pinhead

2096 vs bc996t

Well now i dont no i all ready order a bc 996t an its on its way so i guess .if it dont work out i will trade it for a pro 2096. down the road. thank you all for your input. thanks again. Earl.. cincy ohio westernhills....

kyguy

I like my 996's . It takes a little (ok, a LOT!!) of getting used too...Make sure you read the manual, and then read it again, and then READ IT ONE MORE TIME!!:lol: otherwise you might want to pull out your hair programming it !!! Unless you cheat and use the computer to program it. I don't have a 2096 to compare it too but they(996's) out perform my other radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.