Anyone in West Chester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
What scanner do you have?
The West Chester system is only a four channel Motorola Type II system, it is very easy to program.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
bigredmachine said:
I've got it programmed but it seems like its too quiet. Hardly anything happens during the day but after midnight its non-stop. Maybe this is normal?

You long have you lived in or around West Chester?

I lived in West Chester for 29 years before moving 15 miles north to Franklin.
West Chester is not a city, it is a township. While it is large in geographical area, it is still a "bedroom community". There is not a high crime rate in West Chester. Another factor maybe that while Monroe uses the system, they do not use it much. The Police still prefer to use their VHF channel (159.150) over the TRS. Monroe Fire uses it more than the Police do.

I'm just not sure why you are expecting the system to be so active.

As a bit of history, West Chester used only two frequencies before getting their own 800 MHz system. Police used 155.5500 and Fire used 154.3700 (same as County). Of course back then it was "Union Township" not West Chester Township. Their system was the first 800 MHz trunked system in Butler County. The plans are for this system to be "incorporated" into the Butler county P-25 system in 2009.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
bigredmachine said:
It just seems like I hear a ton more on the warren county system then on the west chester system.
Warren County TRS covers the entire county, every agency in Warren County uses the system.
West Chester TRS is used by only West Chester and Monroe. That's a big difference.

bigredmachine

thats true... sometimes theres a long stretch of silence where I'm thinking "come on, something has to be happening" I just didn't know if I had programmed it correctly or not. I love listening to everything. I've been carrying around my scanner for the past 4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.