Crazy MARCS Talk Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
I have come across some crazy MARCS talk groups in the last few weeks. They are 708143 off Elyria & 722411 and 722432 off Grafton. All have been logged on my 396. Any ideas?

FPO703

Those aren't talkgroups, those are individual radio IDs and they were most likely in use iusing the I-Call feature of the system. 708143 is not a valid radio ID on MARCS (lowest as of right now is 710101). The other two were radios from LORCI.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
I-Calls

708143 came up again this morning at 8:39 on the Grafton tower. That radio along with 722589 & 722590 were discussing an event the prisoners of Lorain Corrections would take part in today.

FPO703

708143 is caused by noise in the control channel and the way your radio decodes the data stream. The other two IDs were also LORCI Radios.

freqhunter

Premium Subscriber
Scott….

I know what I logged! It is not noise. 70814 defiantly had voice on it for several transmissions. I have logged that code with voice several times over the last few weeks on 3 separate receivers off of two towers.

bubbz

Officer BUBBZ

These radio I D's you R seeing are the "Private Call" feature of the MARCS system.
One radio, talking directly to another radio, useing thier particular I D numbers assigned to the radios themselves.
When you're hearing both ends of the conversation, they're probably within close proximity to each other, useing the same repeater tower.
When you're only hearing one end of the conversation, they are some distance away from each other, useing two or more repeater towers, bounceing around. Example: Somebody in Northern Ohio, talking to another, say southern Ohio.

FPO703

I've logged it also. And, I'm telling you that the lowest VALID Radio ID on MARCS is 710101. That's from the head of the MARCS program. That other ID was created by the system as a result of noise in the decoding of the data stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.