Findlay Ohio MajorFlooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoser147

Yesterday I was copying alot of traffic ref to roads closed due to flooding. Last night approx 12pm I heard DNR unit 1 reporting they had taken in 10 victims by boat and one was Medivac'd. Been copyin bits and pieces of Radio traffic. This morning the Weather channel and Fox news have been there and are reporting on events there. Alot of downtown is flooded, The Mayor was stating that City Hall was flooded and the Jail had to move Prisoners. Hoser147

Last edited:

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Findlay has matched the flood level of their 1913 flood, the worst in their history.

Ottawa, Ohio west of Findlay in Putnam County is also experiencing historic flooding, as well as Bluffton in Allen/Hancock Counties.

MARCS ECOMM-15 is carrying rescue boat traffic in Ottawa.

Mike

Dubbin

Feed Provider
hoser147 said:
Hopefully Dubbin a member here, and his family are safe his last post was the 20th hoser147

All is well here and thank you for thinking about us. My wife and I are not under water but a few of our family members have been flooded and evacuated.

I thought the flood we had in 1981 was a bad one but its nothing compared to this mess. I sure am happy we bought a new house a couple years ago or we would be under water.

Hundreds of people had to be evacuated by boat and a lot of damage has been done to the area.

I have been recording everything going on in town and I must say that I have heard about some pretty stupid people. One call had to do with a family in a house trailer that had 2' of water IN it but yet the people refused to leave... I'm not sure if this is rumor or not but I was told at work that a couple guys are missing after being swept away while trying to get a car out of the water (I think its just a rumor). I did hear a call on the scanner of a guy being swept under but they were able to rescue him pretty quickly.

The waters are receding and now all thats left is the clean up.

I drive around 400 miles everyday and have also seen some pretty bad flooding in Arlington, Ottawa, Bucyrus, Mansfield, Shelby, around the Akron area and everywhere in between.

kc8qch

I was up there this weekend with the Salvation Army and I was amazed at how quickly things seem to be getting back to normal. It was almost like you couldn;t tell there had been water 5 feet deep where i was standing at one point. From what I could tell most of the Ham radio traffic was done and it was back to routine traffic for other agencies (Dwayne maybe you could tell if that was the case better then I) but at least things seemed to have settled down.

Status
Not open for further replies.