Jefferson Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
medic_35 said:
Here is a streaming feed if anybody hasn't found it already is

http://www.scanmiamivalley.com/index.php and then scroll down to Jefferson Co.

i sold off my equipment and lost interest last year - yanked the feed. I believe it'll be back up this week again 24/7 - but only monitoring the JeffCo 911 system. My digital scanner is too new tha ti must play with it for a while before i dedicate it to MARCs.

Mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
Hey Mike......... I thought you disappeared............ Glad to see you back. I see you got a new radio. How do you like it?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
rcool101 said:
Hey Mike......... I thought you disappeared............ Glad to see you back. I see you got a new radio. How do you like it?

Yo R.R. Cool J, what's up man. I was thinking about you - I was gonna make a post in the forums trying to get JeffCo guys out of the woodwork (there are only three I know of) - so now that everyone has checked into roll call (STA75 was just up my house yesterday), we can discuss Jefferson County things if there is anything to discuss.

I like the PSR-500. I'm still learningg how to do things. Last night I tried to do sometihing that seemed impossible to do (a must-have that I could do on the bcd996). I was half a second away from posting a For Sale and a Wanted-to-Buy to unload this sucker and get a 996 and then found out that I didnt RTFM well enough. The problem I thought I had wasn't a problem.

I can't complain - the scanner is more sensitive than the 396/996, no doubt in my mind - but it gets clobbered by frontend overload, which is a bummer. Otherwise, it's a scanner - does everything just like the 396/996. I'd bet you wouldn't be happy with a PSR-500 - at least you wouldn't want to go through the learning curve. I miss my Unidens, but I'm not selling this PSR - I like it too much, aside from the frontend overload.

So anything new IN jefferson county that we oughta know about?

Mike

FPO703

I wish I would find a scanner that was as sensitive as the BC760XLT that doesn't get overloaded easily.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
FPO703 said:
I wish I would find a scanner that was as sensitive as the BC760XLT that doesn't get overloaded easily.

I've never used a BC760XLT. I'm in one of those situations where (a) I am an in an environment where I'm in an ideal location for scanning far off systems (although a bit rural), (b) I have all kinds of far off systems/frequencies I'd like to monitor (i'm sort of a scanner dx hobbiest), and (c) having a sensitive scanner really is a win-lose situation. I'm thinking about some filters, at least for VHF, once I isolate exactly which transmitters are the culprits of my VHF problems - It's likely a mix of WTOV-TV on 191.75 and some very local paging xmitters on 152.48 and 152.1x.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.