PSR 500/600 w/Hamilton Co?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnCowboy

Anyone know if these new GRE radios will pick up the P25 County TRS correctly? saw something about it will correct/decode? signals so many times a second to properly track a signal... would that be a thing aimed at those of us that can't hear a whole conversation sometimes??? Sure would be nice to hear Hamilton County as well as OSP MARCS or Clermont Co.... or have I missed an update with the PRO-96 somewhere along the line.... anyone hearing this system correctly yet? not sure I can justify buying another $500 scanner for just one system :( guess depends on if it really IS an improvement in receiving.. :)

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you have the latest DSP for the Pro96, and the RS 800MHz antenna.

fyrfyter33

I live in Delhi, and can hear the county traffic just fine. There was a DSP upgrade for the scanner, that really helped out and fixed things so they work. The only other issue you have is setup. Its easier if you can ghost what you want from a Pro-96 that is already setup, instead of trying to configure it yourself. I have all the county Fire talk groups in there, as well as a few others. I don't really care about the police ones though.

LawnCowboy

rdale & fyrfyter33, which dsp version are you using? I upgraded to a newer version a few months ago for a version that was supposedly going to help Michigan listeners I think? but I found more machine gunning and other issues.... when I reverted back to an older version it seemed better... Last I heard they were working on the county "system" and it wasn't a scanner issue? If you are hearing every conversation crystal clear like the MARCS and Clermont Co. systems, I'd be interested in the DSP version you are using. The current version I have does sounds descent, but NOT 100% like I would say the other local digital systems. and thanks fyrfyter, I have my frequency set up in good order for the time being.... I am more concerned with reception for the time being :)

rdale

Premium Subscriber
Since it's CQPSK you will never hear it perfectly, even with the new GRE scanners. You need a professional grade unit if you want to get close to the reception you're getting on MARCS.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
I didn't say they won't be better - I said they won't be perfect.

LawnCowboy

rdale - ok -on not saying they wouldn't be better :)

would you know whether upgrading the CPU version from my Pro-96 (currently CPU F1.1, Dsp App V1.4, Dsp Voc F1.0) would help with the Hamilton Co system reception? Been out of the loop on here for a while.... Know I scanned across one of your posts about 1.5 being no different than 1.4 except it was helpful for certain Cincinnati talkgroups?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
It would not help with reception, it's a separate issue with the talkgroup ID's.

rdale

Premium Subscriber
All radios, some talkgroups can slip through the 'closed mode' setting and come through even though you didn't program them.

LawnCowboy

thanks! did notice that issue a while back on Hamilton Co... usually solved it by just hitting L/O and the ID didn't come back.... guess if that's all upgraded CPU solves, I'll wait and see if it's any more of an issue after loading Cincy. thanks again... awesome to get such insight...

wolverine

Any word yet on how the new GRE scanners are workin on the Hamilton county system?.

I'm thinking about buying one, but only If It receives the Hamilton county system better then the Pro 96 does?.

Status
Not open for further replies.