Montgomery County Airmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanoh

I have heard Montgomery County EMS units to contact Careflight on AirMed 1. I dont see this listed in the database.
Does this have a different name, or am I just missing something.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
The Airmed channels are designations to several of the iTAC/NPSPAC frequencies.
This is slowly getting around to statewide use, Columbus has been using these designations for awhile.
I guess the Dayton area is just now starting to refer to them as Airmed 1 and Airmed 2.

Airmed 1 is 867.01250, and Airmed 2 is 868.0125 both using a PL of 156.7

For more info on the iTAC/NPSPAC frequencies check out the entry in the RR Wiki.

FPO703

It only makes sense since MedFlight of Columbus and Careflight of the Dayton area use MARCS for primary ops, now.

jds911

radioscan said:
The Airmed channels are designations to several of the iTAC/NPSPAC frequencies.
This is slowly getting around to statewide use, Columbus has been using these designations for awhile.
I guess the Dayton area is just now starting to refer to them as Airmed 1 and Airmed 2.

Airmed 1 is 867.01250, and Airmed 2 is 868.0125 both using a PL of 156.7

For more info on the iTAC/NPSPAC frequencies check out the entry in the RR Wiki.

Mark, who in Columbus has been using these? First I have heard of it and worried I have missed something....

Thanks

Last edited:

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
jds911 said:
Mark, who in Columbus has been using these? First I have heard of it and worried I have missed something....

You must be slipping...

Jay, we've had them for awhile. Actually I'm not sure how many departments have them yet, but I know they're in all the cache radios, and I think CFD has them also.

Tom

jds911

wa8pyr said:
You must be slipping...

Jay, we've had them for awhile. Actually I'm not sure how many departments have them yet, but I know they're in all the cache radios, and I think CFD has them also.

Tom

Dude, I must be! We have been using the TG created on the Cols system and the TG created on the DelCo system to communicate with MedFlight before and during requests. The 867.0125 is aliased as 8ITAC2 and the 868.0125 is aliased as 8ITAC4 in all of our radios as directed by the SIEC. Should we be looking at an alias change? Does MedFlight want us using those and not the TGs on the various systems?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
jds911 said:
Dude, I must be! We have been using the TG created on the Cols system and the TG created on the DelCo system to communicate with MedFlight before and during requests. The 867.0125 is aliased as 8ITAC2 and the 868.0125 is aliased as 8ITAC4 in all of our radios as directed by the SIEC. Should we be looking at an alias change? Does MedFlight want us using those and not the TGs on the various systems?

I added them as separate channels. Airmed 1 is also known as ITAC2 TA and Airmed 2 is ITAC4 TA (I left the 8 off so as to avoid a continuous stream of "what's the 8 mean?" questions).

I'm not sure why they're also being used and named separately as Airmed 1 and Airmed 2 unless not everyone has the TA channels in their radios. Only thing I can figure is it must be a MARCS thing; AFAIK most places don't have separate talkgroups for Medflight on their systems and MARCS had to come up with something everybody could use with a minimum of confusion...

Tom

jds911

Looks like I have an addition to the SIEC agenda to ensure it is in the SCIP before it is filed at the end of the year. Thanks for the heads up!

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
While MVH Careflight does have a MARCS radio in their dispatch center....they are not on it full time yet..... (meaning everyone using it)

They have installed MARCS radios at the Urbana and Lebanon crew quarters, to acknowledge calls for service, but they are not in the helicopters and are not in the 2 MICU units yet.

Helos are still on UHF and MICU's are still using P&R's 800 trunk.

It will be great once they all move onto the system.......then we can hear everything they are doing. I asked one of their pilots back in late August when they were going to switch and he said he had only "heard" they were going to a new system. He didnt know if/when the radios would be installed in any of their 3 birds.

If anyone in the Dayton area listens to MVH dispatch on MARCS......make sure you enter the TG's for MedFlight and Life Flight in Toledo. Whenever Careflight Dispatch puts their MARCS radio on scan........it will affiliate the other Helicopter services with the Dayton site......great things to hear when it happens.

firemanoh

Let me start with a belated thanks to all for the information.

I am returning to scanning after a long break, so I am still catching up on trunking ect.

I seem to be hearing the MVH MICUs on 9024 and Careflight on 38032 of MARCS at this time. I don’t know if the switchover is complete, but there seems to be a fair amount of communications now on MARCS.

I have heard that one or two of the MICUs will be stationed at the new Miami Valley South Campus by November 5th.

Thanks again, fun to be listening for fun again.

BigJimbo

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing MICU 2, and for the first time last week MICU 3 on MARCS, and on 9024 as you mentioned.

Last night MICU 1 went out and was talking to their dispatcher on P&R's 800 trunk. So, it does sound like they are getting closer. 38032 is their dispatch, which is a simulcast of 462.950. I have not heard anything on the 38000 TG, which appears to be assigned to MVH as well.

A fireman told me the other afternoon that they may be changing colors soon. He said they were going to paint the Helicopters and Medics Blue. Careflight 2 was painted with a new color scheme less than one year ago.....and now it's gets a new color? I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.