Cincinnati Area n00b Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmont

So I have an old that was given to me from my grandfather since he upgraded scanners. Old crystal scanner so it is very dated. However I have fun listening to what I can get. I live just east of Cincinnati pretty much on the county line between Hamilton and Clermont counties. I am interested in getting a new scanner but not paying of fortune since I am in college and poor and all. I was looking at a Uniden BC370CRS. Or some suggestions of another would be great too. I am mostly interested in just police/fire/and ambulance around the area. Do I need a trunking scanner or will I likely need one in the near future to hear what I just described? You guys have been very helpful in all the other threads, hope you could help me out too.

Much thanks

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
What agencies (city/county) are interested in listening to?

The BC370CRS is just a conventional analog scanner, by using it you will be missing a whole lot, and I mean a whole lot. If you are interested in listening to any Hamilton County-Cincinnati police and fire and/or Clermont County police and fire, then you will eventually need to get a digital trunktracking scanner. The Hamilton County-Cincinnati system and Clermont County system are digital (voice only for Clermont County). You would be missing out on 90% of the radio traffic with the 370CRS. I understand the funds available for a digital scanner, I'm in that budgetary crunch myself, luckily I was able to get a Pro-96 a few years back. If you can scrape up $350 or so you can catch a Pro-96 on sale at Radio Shack, maybe a $50-75 cheaper or so on ebay.

If you look at this page here for Hamilton County that is what you will be able to program in your BC370CRS: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=2070

Unfortunately the future is now and digital is the only way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.