muskingum co SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocac007

anyone know if muskingum is on their own trunked system now in addition to marcs...or are they strictly marcs now?

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
There is no county trunk system for Muskingum County, they have a few talkgroups on MARCS. Are they still using their VHF?

phask

Premium Subscriber
radioscan said:
I was through there last March and they were still on Low Band.

Marcs and 154.875 - a little 39.20.

They were supposed to be all MARCS by late last year, but aren't.

below is what i have loaded.

Ema just bought 5 MARCS portables for small pd's in the county.

39.2000 County Sheriff y
39.3600 County Sheriff n
39.7800 County Sheriff y
39.6400 County Sheriff n
154.8750 County Sheriff yyyyyeess
158.7300 County Sheriff
154.7700 County Sheriff
154.6500 County Sheriff
155.8800 County Sheriff
153.9200 County Sheriff
155.1000 County Sheriff
158.8650 County Sheriff
154.8450 New Concord PD
154.7850 Zanesville PD
155.9100 Zanesville PD
158.9700 Zanesville PD

Bucko

I have been monitoring them mostly on a new MARCS site listed as Philo, Ohio, 868.600 is the control channel.

cocac007

mc fire depts

i know there is a lowband used for dispatch, but is there any high band or uhf sites in north part of the county that repeats the lowband? i can monitor licking county from quite a distance away thanks to the tower in madison township that repeats the lowband channel.

Bucko

I don't know the site#, it is not in the Data Base. I did notice there was a license grant for the state of Ohio on 9/11/07 located at Philo, S Zanesville and Dresden. I ran into it a while back when I was in Zanesville, I do get a fair signal here in Marietta but then I am on a hill and can hear several sites from here.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Bucko said:
I don't know the site#, it is not in the Data Base. I did notice there was a license grant for the state of Ohio on 9/11/07 located at Philo, S Zanesville and Dresden. I ran into it a while back when I was in Zanesville, I do get a fair signal here in Marietta but then I am on a hill and can hear several sites from here.

If you sit on the control channel, it should give you the site ID (SID)

Mike

FPO703

Bucko. until we confirm a site number, and a location(s) for the new site, I won't enter it into the Database. You also submitted it with 712D as the SysID which doesn't cover that portion of the state.

Bucko

FPO703 said:
Bucko. until we confirm a site number, and a location(s) for the new site, I won't enter it into the Database. You also submitted it with 712D as the SysID which doesn't cover that portion of the state.
My mistake mentioning 712D, it was 6F10 as my previous post stated. You don't need to enter it, I just wanted the folks in that area to know that it was there ( then most probably already knew ).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Bucko said:
My mistake mentioning 712D, it was 6F10 as my previous post stated. You don't need to enter it, I just wanted the folks in that area to know that it was there ( then most probably already knew ).

Actually, the SiteID is what is needed as well if you can get that. It's usually a two-digit number and should display along with other trunked info.

Even if you think the locals all know the information, the RR DB doesn't and should be updated. It's good for the hobby for everyone to contribute to the RR DB and build it up when new information is available.

After all, if somebody hadn't originally had the forethought and courtesy to submit/add the MARCS info to the RR DB, most people who listen to MARCS now wouldn't have a clue about where to get the necessary info. I think you'd be surprised how many people rely upon the information submitted to the RRDB.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
FPO703 said:
Not all scanners show the site number, though. Most only show the SysID and system type.

Ok, wasn't aware of that. I know the 396/996/500/600 show site. Those are the only scanners I've used.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
phask said:
It's 52144 and it IS in the database.

That is the TGID for Muskingum Co SO, Yes. But we are talking specifically about the site ID and frequencies associated with the Philo, OH site that was referenced. I'm sure FPO703 can get the frequency info from FCC DB since that is where the OP got it from. But if you look in the RRDB at the MARCS site frequencies, you'll see a site # listed to the left of them - That is what is being looked for.

Mike

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
It would really help if someone could run Trunker or Treport on the site.
That would give us complete information.

FPO703

It appears that with a recently issued FCC License that Muskingum County will have 4-5 sites for MARCS. Zanesville, Philo, Dresden, South Zanesville.
We just need to obtain Site IDs for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.