State of Ohio MARCS And the 396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmarkphotos

Premium Subscriber
I have programed all of the frequencies and all of the talk groups in my 396. But the addendum to the manual says I need to set the band plan of explicit mode or implicit mode. This I do not understand. If anybody good explain this I wood be very thankfull. Also if eneyone would know witch mode Ohio state highway patrol is on. Thank you

n2mdk

Motorola 800 Standard, that's all that needs to be set in the way of ant "band plan"

Last edited:

xmarkphotos

Premium Subscriber
It is not Motorola 800 standard. The State of Ohio is on Digital Astro APCO 25. So I am still trying to find the band plan of explicit mode or implicit mode. I Don't know witch it is and what I need to set the band plan

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
It is not pure APCO-25, so like the previous person said, don't program it like it is one.

It's Motorola 800 mhz system - program it as such. There is nothing special you need to do. Program it as Moto 800, put in the CCs, get some talk groups in there and badaboom badbing.

I'm not sure why you ask a question if you already think you know all of the answers. N2MDK was correct.

Mike

mdulrich

Feed Provider
xmarkphotos said:
It is not Motorola 800 standard. The State of Ohio is on Digital Astro APCO 25. So I am still trying to find the band plan of explicit mode or implicit mode. I Don't know witch it is and what I need to set the band plan

You are confusing the type of modulation on the talkgroups with the baud rate of the control channel data. This is a common mistake for people trying to program systems like MARCS. Look at the MARCS system and compare it to the Michigan system. The Michigan system is an APCO 25 system.

Mike

hoser147

To be technically correct it is a Motorola Astro Digital system. It only needs to be set as a Mot 800 as the others have stated.............Hoser

Last edited:

xmarkphotos

Premium Subscriber
O K I have set it as Motorola 800 Standard but as I try to scan my radio say (Scan Mode Nothing to scan). So now what do I do?

jerk

xmarkphotos said:
I have programed all of the frequencies and all of the talk groups in my 396. But the addendum to the manual says I need to set the band plan of explicit mode or implicit mode. This I do not understand. If anybody good explain this I wood be very thankfull. Also if eneyone would know witch mode Ohio state highway patrol is on. Thank you

Delete what you have. Select program, new, 800 MHz Standard, enter your frequncies for the sites closest to you. And you should be in business. But if you keep telling everybody here the answers.... Good luck! And I have attached a UASD file that I sue for traveling I-71 which if you are close to it, should get you action, and if not you can look and see what the type of programming you need to monitor it.

AL

Last edited:

n2mdk

Make sure your Systems frequencies and TGIDs aren't locked out or turned off via the Quick Keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.