GRE PRS-500 Clermont County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolverine

I plan on buying a GRE PSR-500 when my tax return check come's and I was wondering If anyone has used this scanner on the Clermont County, OH trunked system and If so, how does It work on the system?.

Also does anyone have any report's on how the GRE PSR-500 Is doing on the Hamilton County, OH system over the Pro-96?.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Just picked mine up on Friday afternoon, so my time has been limited .
I am receiving Clermont County from here on the western edge of Warren County
on the handheld 800 Mhz duckie. My 96 would never pick it up off the outside antenna
let alone portable. The audio is far, far better than the 96. It sounds fine on Hamilton County. I am also hearing Hamilton County-Cincy with far greater range than I get with my 96. Right now, I am very happy with it and having fun. There is bit of a learning curve over the 96. I am very tech oriented, but it has still taken me a few days to navigate it.

z96cobra

Mark, where did you pick yours up at? I see that R&L has 'em, anywhere else "local" at a better price?

Roger

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
I got mine at R&L. It was $531.20 out door (local taxes included).
I don't know of anyone else in the area selling them, and you won't find
anyone else selling them for less than the $499 base price.

Mark

wolverine

I'm going to order mine online. I guess the PSR 500 does perform better than the Pro 96 on Hamilton County. Since I've moved to Clermont County, I cant receive Hamilton County but the Clermont system Is great although I miss the action of Cincinnati. I still listen to them at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.