AEP frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
A little over a year ago, AEP put up a tower in Columbus Grove, Ohio. I was wondering if anybody figured out the LCNs.

858.03750 <--Control Channel

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
FPO703 said:
What County is Columbus Grove in? Maybe it's already in the Database?

Does the database only contain verified data? I remember submitting updates to some sites in the AEP system for my area last year because what was previously in the database was not what the actual LCNs were. So I have to assume that not all entries in the RRDB are verified for LCN but rather, at a minimum, are verified to be licensed frequencies for that site per FCC data.

Am i wrong?

Mike

FPO703

Usually, if we know the correct LCNs, we enter it as the actual site/cell number. If it's unverified, depending on the DB admin, they might or might not enter it at all. Or, possibly enter it as site 99 or something until we are able to identify the site number/LCN number.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
FPO703 said:
Usually, if we know the correct LCNs, we enter it as the actual site/cell number. If it's unverified, depending on the DB admin, they might or might not enter it at all. Or, possibly enter it as site 99 or something until we are able to identify the site number/LCN number.

Got it... I should have remembered that about site 99 being those unconfirmed.

WQEN429 appears to be the license he is referencing - although only five of the frequencies are for Columbus Grove/Putnam.

I didn't see it in the list in RRDB, but it could be one of the unconfirmed and I may have overlooked that.

Mike

K8TEK

Banned
Yep, WQEN429 is what I am talking about!

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
K8TEK said:
Yep, WQEN429 is what I am talking about!

What kind of scanner do you have to monitor with? If you've got a scanner that will trunk EDACS, perhaps you could be the one to figure out the LCNs. Depending on teh scanner, it might be easier than you think, at least for a few.

If you know that one of them is a control channel, if you set it up as a trunked system and sit on the control channel your scanner may display some useful information, such as what LCN the control channel is.. I'm not sure.

But there are actually only five frequencies listed for Columbus Grove on the FCC license. So if nothing else, start out by entering them in order as they show on the FCC license - entering them in as LCNs 1 through 5. Typically AEP EDACS does not skip LCNs, so with 5 freqeuncies they most likely are LCNs 1 through 5 in some order.

If you have two scanners, one which to monitor the trunked system CC and the other to scan the remaining frequencies conventionally, it is possible to figure out the sequence.

Mike

K8TEK

Banned
All I have to monitor 800MHz is my BCD-396T, none of my other scanners go above 512MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.