blinker fluid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
JCSO unit calls in and says he is out with a person with car trouble. He radios back and I think he said he was going to try to push the car a 1/4 mile to the guy's house. He advises the car is out of "blinker fluid." 872 takes about two minutes (ok maybe 20 seconds) and then comes back with, "24, what kind of fluid is he out of?" 24 says "blinker fluid."

Eventually he calls for a wrecker to tow the car a 1/4 mile to the guy's house. 872 radios back and asks him if he has a phone, the unit says he doesn't know if the person he is out with has a phone.. 872 is like "no, I mean do you have a phone?" And laughter ensues from 872.

I wish I knew how that phone call went. I'm sure it's going to be something like "what the hell is "blinker fluid?"

M

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
fireSAR said:
Rock on! i'd love to have heard that. what county was this?

Jefferson. I laughed the first time I iheard it and was like WTF. I laughed even harder after the SO asked him to repeat and he said it again.

M

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
hoser147 said:
Fish ON, newbie got caught:lol:

Not sure I follow. Anyway:

http://www.scanmiamivalley.com
- click on Feed Archive
- select Jefferson County Area MARCS System
- select 02/16/2008
- select 02/16/2008 from 1:12 to 1:27 am

10:24 blinker fluid
11:00 blinker fluid?
12:21 other chatter related to same incident
14:06 ""
14:34 you hvae a cell phone?

Now did he not say blinker fluid? :)

Mike

z96cobra

Blinker fluid is good for lubricating muffler bearings if you don't have any oil handy...

Roger

hoser147

Yes he did say blinker fluid, apparently this officer is a newbie and was setup, have you ever added fluid to your blinker? or changed a Muffler bearing? There are no such things. The officer will be teased about this one for a while. A good one that is often used here is meet me at the x town fire house which x town has no fire house only a grainery and a couple of houses. They were jerking the officers chain to see if he would bite and he did.. Hope this helps to explain what they were doing. Thats why the dispatcher was trying to hold back from laughing. Hoser

Prycer

Premium Subscriber
A good friend of mine that's a big gear head once got another buddy to call the local parts store to check a price on a Flux Capacitor. He did.

A few years later we got the same guy to call about blinker fluid, the parts store guy must of heard this one before because he gave him some outrageous price. Our friend was screaming and cussing before he could hang up the phone.

Good times!

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
Let's not forget that one needs a left handed screwdriver to get to those muffler bearings.
:lol::lol:

SCPD

QRT
Ahhh yes, reminds me of my time in the Navy and aboard the USS Belknap as a PO1, I sent a young seaman apprentice to the goat locker to retrieve compass bearing grease. Of course the Chief's laughed and sent him on a wild goose chase throughout the ship.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
BlinkFluid.jpg

Got what ya need right here

Status
Not open for further replies.