Belmont County scanner feed online

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Belmont County 911 (and MARCS - St. Clairsville) are being fed on www.scanmiamivalley.com (thanks Gordon) in the NorthEast section.

It is also available on http://www.ovscan.com along with Jefferson Co.

An 800 mhz antenna for the handheld will be purchased shortly, which will give better MARCS signal and likely allow reception of Bridgeport MARCS as well as St. Clairsville MARCS.

Scanner is being run in ID Search mode, so no talk groups are locked out.

This feed is not mine - it belongs to a friend of mine who does not frequent this board and wishes to remain nameless. But for anyone caring to listen to the Belmont Co area, I just wanted to let you know that I'm not the one providing it so don't thank me :)

The feed is using a BC296D.

Mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
I got it to work using IE. But I always use Firefox and the links to click on are not there. Go figure

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
For the ovscan site you just go to it. that's all.

www.ovscan.com. Wait for the page to load. Because it is loading embedded media and buffering it, it may take a few minutes for the screen to come up. Once it does, you'll see three Windows Media objects.

When the 'button' on each of those turns into two vertical lines, that means it is now streaming that feed.

Click on the little speaker on the right-hand side of each object to mute that feed if you don't want to listen to it.

It works fine in Firefox. I use only Firefox.

I'm listening to the audio now - it appears that the person running the feed has Harrison Co enabled in there - and it also appears that one of the conventional freqs he is monitoring is off about 5 khz. 'll bring that to his attention.

This feed isn't 100% ready yet. It was all decided upon and put up within the course of an hour last night. Audio levels on something aren't quite right either.

Thanks to Gordon for activating the feed within 7 minutes of being emailed the request. By all means, if ScanMiamiValley works better for you, use it. Gordon deserves some direct traffic to his site anyway. After all, it's his bandwidth that is being used.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yowsa - the feed is unusable currently because the audio level is so high. itll have to wait til tomorrow to get fixed.

Mike

SLWilson

Belmont....

mtindor said:
Yowsa - the feed is unusable currently because the audio level is so high. itll have to wait til tomorrow to get fixed.

Mike
I've got Belmont Co tuned in now and they sound great (at least the MARCS feed does)...
Steve/KB8FAR/Gallia

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
SLWilson said:
I've got Belmont Co tuned in now and they sound great (at least the MARCS feed does)...
Steve/KB8FAR/Gallia

Thanks. The scanner is a bc296d with stock antenna. The antenna does a poor job. When the feed provider gets the new 800 mhz duck antenna it shoudl improve the signal on MARCS (and allow for the feeding of more than one Belmont MARCS site). he's not in the greatest location to pick up all of the MARCS in Belmont though.

Something is amiss on that feed tho - I seem to get certain transmissions coming where the audio is clipping because it is so loud, but then others are not very loud at all. I don't know if there is a tunable AGC setting on the bc296d. I only configured parts of it remotely on the guys machine. It should sound better over the next week though.

There's also some harrison frequencies in there too - Im not sure he'll want to remove those or not because he likes listening to the EMT traffic from there.

I do like how the MARCS site sounds on the 296d though. Noticeably different than what the MARCS sites sound like for me ona PSR-500 (tonal quality, etc.).

Mike

durango5550

Booger D.
man the digital side of that scanner is awful.... very very loud, the analog side is fine ...

Just my view

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't have the scanner sitting in front of me (it's not my feed). The owner will have to look into it tomorrow or when he/she gets a chance.

I do notice that much audio is awful - First off, on some audio (undetermined which agency), it is extremely muffled and uncopyable but doesn't appear _overly_ loud. Then some other transmissions are ridiculously loud with a lot of audio clipping and possibly set to NFM or something. then other transmissions sound perfect.

It'll be looked into.

In teh meantime, don't click on it if it doesn't sound good :)

Mike

PS: It sounds very nice last night. I am thinking that possibly the audio was cranked up on the scanner between then and today.

Chadster1977

It sounds good tonight - there are some loud messages but I simply turned my volume down. I'm just happy that someone from Belmont Co. is providing this feed :)

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Chadster1977 said:
It sounds good tonight - there are some loud messages but I simply turned my volume down. I'm just happy that someone from Belmont Co. is providing this feed :)

I notice those 'oud' transmisssions. I'm unsure what that is all about. I think the volume is just right for most of the Belmont system and most of the MARCS traffic. I'm thinking specifically that the volume is really loud _only_ on the Belmont digital transmissions (law enforcement talk groups). I haven't had the time to determine for sure if that is the case. When they are loud, they are _very_ loud.

Glad it's working though. It'll get fine tuned. I'll let the guy who put up the feed know that its being used (he doesn't read these forums).

Mike

durango5550

Booger D.
I wasn't complaining i was just letting the person know that some of the audio is loud thats all , sorry if you thought otherwise.

I to am glad that someone is streaming belmont county, ever since lightning took out my 796 i have been having withdrawls. :)

Thanks for the feed!!!

Dan

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
dawson75 said:
I wasn't complaining i was just letting the person know that some of the audio is loud thats all , sorry if you thought otherwise.

I to am glad that someone is streaming belmont county, ever since lightning took out my 796 i have been having withdrawls. :)

Thanks for the feed!!!

Dan

No problem Dan. I'm enjoying the feed too (I can't hear Belmont TRS from up here). I didn't think you were complaining at all - sorry if I came off as sounding like I thought that.

It _may_ be fixed. I logged in remotely and did some tweaking on the scanner. Since I did that, I dont' seem to notice the same loudness as before. It coudl be a fluke though, and it may be back. Let's keep our fingers crossed :)

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
A few updates will be performed later this evening on the Belmont feed scanner. It's firmware is not the latest. The P25 card often shows an error (a problem known in this old firmware release). Hopefully the firmware card will fix that. In the meantime you'll notice for P25 traffic you'll actually hear the digital instead of hearing the P25 audio.

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
dawson75 said:
what happend to the feed!! :(

now im having withdrawls..... lol

Dan

Seems to be up to me - i'm listening to it. It may not have been up earlier though. Remember, i don't provide that feed - so when ya ask me, I gotta go and ***** at the one who is providing it :)

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah i noticed that after I replied to you I had it muted at that time so I wasn't hearing it. I notified the feed provider - but I think i did so after he wnet to bed - he probably wont get the message until he gets home today :(

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry Guys - The Belmont County feed is down for an undetermined amount of time, possibly forever. The person providing the feed is moving.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.