Jefferson Co 911 TRS - new talkgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
There is a new talkgroup. I didnt' catch it in time. I'm waiting to log it and hopefully will be able to use it today.

It's being used by ODOT while down on the Sammis project, when they close/reopen SR7.

So I don't know if this talkgroup will exist permanently under some name or not. I certainly wouldn't label it 'ODOT'. But just know that ODOT is talking on it.

Again, I don't know the TG because I didn't catch it in time (i was upgrading firmware on one of my scanners at the time).

So if you are so inclined, put your scanner into ID Search or Open mode (or for the PSR 500/600 set a wildcard TG) so that you can hear it when they transmit. If somebody catches the ID please pass it on. I thought it began with a 6 and ended with an 8 ( 6xx8 ).

Since the Sammis project is a long projected with many planned and routine road closures of SR7 in Stratton, it is likely this will be used more often.

Mike

ken734a

the talkgroup they they were using for the state rt 7 closure was sheriff 1 i believe that this was a patch between agencies on sheriff 1

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
ken734a said:
the talkgroup they they were using for the state rt 7 closure was sheriff 1 i believe that this was a patch between agencies on sheriff 1

It may have been patched into Sheriff1 (since the SO often can be found down at Sammis for traffic control). However, it had its own talkgroup with ODOT talking on it. So I believe they may have been patched over to Sheriff 1, but it was it's own talk group in its own right. So I don't know if it was an always-existing talkgroup that rarely if never got used in the past and was just pushed into service, or if it was actually a new TG that was recently added to the system to accomodate traffic control down at Sammis.

I just know it wasn't in my list. Would be interesting to see if it ever gets used for anything outside of when they need to patch with Sheriff 1.

Mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
About 2 wks ago while sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee I thought I heard the post calling ODOT about a road condition (snow). When I grabbed the radio I missed it and never heard them again. I'll have to hook it up to the cp again and start logging

Status
Not open for further replies.