OSP & MARCS System

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Greetings!
I am going to be travelling through Ohio in a couple of weeks and was interested in monitoring the OSP. It appears that I would need to program the CC's for each county I travel through in order to have any sucess. For my Ohio experts, is that correct???
Thanks in advance,
David

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
dhmann1811 said:
Greetings!
I am going to be travelling through Ohio in a couple of weeks and was interested in monitoring the OSP. It appears that I would need to program the CC's for each county I travel through in order to have any sucess. For my Ohio experts, is that correct???
Thanks in advance,
David

Yes, that is correct. There are no simulcast sites anywhere in the MARCS system to my knowledge. For many counties there are many sites as well. So potentially you'll have a lot of CC's programmed in. But yes that's the way to do it, all CCs for all sites in all counties you are likely to be traveling through or for any sites that are nearby in neighboring counties along your route.

Mike

FPO703

Franklin County (Site 101 on here) is the only Simulcast site(s) on the system. And, there is no problem monitoring it.

jerk

dhmann1811 said:
Greetings!
Thanks in advance,
David

If you are traveling I-71 and have a Uniden BCD396 scanner or even the 996, I have a file already done I use... It does not have the last three counties or so, as I always stop in Canton or Akron Area. It works pretty good, and don't forget the Extender frequencies.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Great! I am mainly travelling I-70 from PA to Indiana except when I cut up toward Ft. Wayne which is where I am going. Guess I might use Rt. 33 and 30 out of Columbus. I have a BCD396 and I just got a PSR-500.
David

jerk

dhmann1811 said:
Great! I am mainly travelling I-70 from PA to Indiana except when I cut up toward Ft. Wayne which is where I am going. Guess I might use Rt. 33 and 30 out of Columbus. I have a BCD396 and I just got a PSR-500.
David

Here's the files I have... plus there are some on Monix Yahoo group. Not sure on how up to date my MARCS central file is, but here you go. And I've posted Franklin County's systems, split into Police and Fire groups/sides.

AL

Attachments

• 48 MARCS I-71.usd
    10.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Nasby

Just curious as to why the mobile extender freqs should be programmed. Wouldn't the transmissions be picked up on the regular 800 mhz marcs channels anyway?
Thx.

16b

Premium Subscriber
Because if you hear somethig on the (very low power) extender frequencies, you know that you are quite close to some action (or a smokey with a radar gun, whichever is more important to you...).

jerk

16b said:
Because if you hear somethig on the (very low power) extender frequencies, you know that you are quite close to some action (or a smokey with a radar gun, whichever is more important to you...).
And I think they are in analog? I thought I read that here, and I've only monitored the extenders twice while driving and could not check to see if digital or analog.

But if you are hearing the transmissions, OSP is very close, last time I came over a hill and saw a cluster of three cars doing a “road side budget increase.”

RagnarD

Premium Subscriber
In a valley that only a few know where it is
newsalan said:
And I think they are in analog? I thought I read that here, and I've only monitored the extenders twice while driving and could not check to see if digital or analog.

But if you are hearing the transmissions, OSP is very close, last time I came over a hill and saw a cluster of three cars doing a “road side budget increase.”

Alan is correct, they are analog. DCS code of 306 or 307, I can't remember for sure.

If you are crossing 70 Cambridge in Guernsey County is a hotbed of activity for OSP. Regardless of time day or night when I pass through that area in I-77 you ALWAYS hear OSP working Interstate 70.

Drive safe.

de
chris
kq4z

Status
Not open for further replies.