LEERN on MARCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

xusmarine1979

I've finally noticed some traffic on LEERN on the Canton/Massillon sites. So far i've hear post 52's LEERN and 76B. I actually heard Columbus dispatch send info on a stolen car out of Sunbury yesterday. Kinda cool...

SLWilson

MARCS on LEERN?

Hi Jon, do you know if what you heard was actually on "MARCS" or was it on 154.935 (LEERN)?

What I don't quite understand is the LEERN listing on MARCS (here in the RR databae) for each patrol post.

Any insight you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

I have LEERN 27 in my Pro2096 & 96. I have 154.935 in them too.

Every morning, District #9 does roll call on LEERN. But, there isn't a peep on the LEERN 27 MARCS talkgroup. It is ALL done on 154.935...

Actually, I've yet to hear ANYTHING on the LEERN 27 TG.....

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

xusmarine1979

Sorry about that. When Stark County SO broadcasts a bolo they broadcast on LEERN freq 154.935, along with 155.370 and their dispatch channel.

On TG 26800 which on the database is labeled as Post 76 LEERNB, it was broadcasted as well. I'm wondering if there's a cross-patch, because I also heard Columbus' post on there and I heard post 52 on their own LEERN channel. Are they all broadcasting just from their county or does anyone know how they are set up?

xusmarine1979

SLWilson said:
Hi Jon, do you know if what you heard was actually on "MARCS" or was it on 154.935 (LEERN)?

What I don't quite understand is the LEERN listing on MARCS (here in the RR databae) for each patrol post.

Any insight you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

I have LEERN 27 in my Pro2096 & 96. I have 154.935 in them too.

Every morning, District #9 does roll call on LEERN. But, there isn't a peep on the LEERN 27 MARCS talkgroup. It is ALL done on 154.935...

Actually, I've yet to hear ANYTHING on the LEERN 27 TG.....

Steve/KB8FAR :confused:

At 06:00am OSP Columbus is doing a test on LEERN for district 6. I heard them loud and clear on the Massillon site on TG 76B. But now that you mention it I too have never heard anything on these TG's in my area. But I'd say within the last week or so I've been hearing some testing and other things going on. Hmmm...

SLWilson

Listening...

I'll keep listening. Let everyone know if I hear anything "simulcasted" on both MARCS ans .154.935

Steve :)

Status
Not open for further replies.