oklahoma game wardens frequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

poacher

can anyone please tell me the frequences for the wildlife department in oklahoma I live in McCurtian oklahoma they have got a new channel and I cant find plese help

Hey I really like your "handle" really fits for someone down in God's Country.

Most Wildlife units communicate on the OHP low band channels 44.7 44.9 45.22. and 45.18; there is still some traffic on the wildlife channels 44.84 and 44.64 mostly car to car on 44.84. Some traffic may be heard on the county frequencies also.

BTW I was born in Talihina.

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
can anyone please tell me the frequences for the wildlife department in oklahoma I live in McCurtian oklahoma they have got a new channel and I cant find plese help

So poacher, you want to use your radio/scanner to break the law I assume?

Got to the database section, click on the maps for Oklahoma, there will be a display for state agencies, scroll down to Wildlife Conservatation, click on it and a page will open for all their frequencies statewide.

peterjmag

Poacher,
Welcome to RR! I did a search for you based on you being in McCurtain County and here are the frequencies I found...

Hope this helps.

poacher

the game wardens frequences are not listed anywhere, in order to have a fcc channel why cant i find them, if andybody knows where i can go please help, and no i dont poach anymore im to old but its still fun tolisten to them after the poachers

poacher

game warden frequences

I bet not even the best radio hackers out there cant come up with the real frequences for McCurtian county oklahoma game wardens, Im not looking for the ones listed everywhere they do not talk on these, Im looking for the ones that htey actually talk on

Chaos703

I don't think I've ever actually heard a game warden on the game warden freqs. I've only ever heard them on county side. They're not dispatched to calls or otherwise "10-8" or any of that typical LE business, are they? They're on more of an independent roaming system, right? I don't know. I've always been curious because I have all the frequencies programmed in but I've never heard a peep.

poacher

yes the do you just have to have the right numbers here are some 151.3250, 154.775

poacher

let me know what county you are in oklahoma and i have the frequency, they just get a new one here and i have been trying to find it

xxxsandman

I've tried to monitor ALL the Oklahoma wildlife/game ranger frequencies in the database and rarely heard ANYTHING. They either don't talk or they don't talk on those frequencies or I'm out of range of any that do talk...

Since they don't have a central dispatch, I bet they use cell phones for most truck to truck communications. If cell service is not good where they are or for nearby communications, maybe they use some low power simplex radios. Probably not going to hear them on these when they are out in the middle of no where...

I would think they would be interesting to listen to, if they was working on catching someone or chasing some red necks through the woods. Might be a bit seasonal though...

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
44.840 is real active in the north metro, mind you I am talking Edmond/Guthrie here.

If you think you are are going to hear anything on a rubber duckey with your handheld forget it!

Buy a "Rohn" tower and any old base antenna (cut it for 44Mhz), crank that bad boy up in the air and you will be able to hear it all!

Or if you are out in the field you can hear the game rangers on your truck mounted mobile unit if you are are out "poaching", you will be caught sooner or later!

HAHAHAHAHA!

Law enforcement in far SE Oklahoma is not the same as it is in the rest of the state. The local LE's know were to go and what laws to enforce and more importantly were NOT to go and what laws NOT to enforce. If they make the wrong decision they may come home one night and will find alll that's left of their home left standing is the fireplace and sidewalk. Down that way law enforcement personnel are referred to as the Poooleece.

poacher

I live in the mountians the cell phone is useless because of reception is so bad, so they have to rely on radio comm. if you tell me what county you live in I will give you your county game warden frequuency it does heat up in certian times of the year bu they still talk on it everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.