Tulsa Digital Control Channel On Air!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

I'm hearing the new digital control channel channel for Tulsa on 854.4625 I do not have a digital scanner right now. Can someone monitor it and see what they hear. I am pretty sure now that there are going to be two different systems. One will be analog on the old control and the new will digital on this new sub site if you will for TPD. Can anyone else confirm or deny?

Last edited:

peterjmag

I'm pretty sure they are going to follow what Broken Arrow did. They expanded the system and are keeping the same callsign. The old analog will have the same control channels and the new digital will have it's own control channel. Anyone else think so?

SCPD

QRT
Morning,

Are you sure its OKWIN and not another trunking system in the area?

The reason I ask is that Unitrunker is not decoding it and it doesn't sound like any P25 control channel I've heard before.

Just my two cents. Have a wonderful day!

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I have a digital and will monitor.

Question: I have a PSR-800 as my primary digital unit.
For some reason, both the scanner, and its software, made by GRE
will only allow for 32 frequency input listings per site.

As we know now, Tulsa now has 35+

Any ideas?

Thanks P.J.

I think what will happen is Tulsa will have two systems one analog and the other digital with the current channels assigned between each system, along the lines of the Muskogee sites. Public Safety users will be on the digital system and other departments will remain on the analog system.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber

Any ideas?

Thanks P.J.

I'm not familiar with PSR radios. Can you not just load the control channels similar to the Pro-106? If not, I'm guessing you'll just have to create another trunking system in your database and link Tulsa's talk groups to it.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
I think what will happen is Tulsa will have two systems one analog and the other digital with the current channels assigned between each system, along the lines of the Muskogee sites. Public Safety users will be on the digital system and other departments will remain on the analog system.

Ok. Thanks.

wingmaker

Any ideas?

Thanks P.J.

I'm not familiar with PSR radios. Can you not just load the control channels similar to the Pro-106? If not, I'm guessing you'll just have to create another trunking system in your database and link Tulsa's talk groups to it.

I would agree with HogDriver, I think that would be horrible if the 800 cant just use the control channels without the voice channels:( Can anyone chime in and say if that is how it is with the psr 800? LOVE AND BLESSINGS

Last edited:

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Morning,

Are you sure its OKWIN and not another trunking system in the area?

The reason I ask is that Unitrunker is not decoding it and it doesn't sound like any P25 control channel I've heard before.

The new Tulsa digital system is supposed to be a mult-site, simulcast system that uses CQPSK Phase 1 modulation. The control channels sound more like digital hash, since there are multiple transmitter sites transmitting on the same frequency at the same time. I have had better luck using Pro96Com to decode the this type of system than Unitrunker. You might want to give the former a try and see what you come up with?

73's

Ron

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The new Tulsa digital system is supposed to be a mult-site, simulcast system that uses CQPSK Phase 1 modulation. The control channels sound more like digital hash, since there are multiple transmitter sites transmitting on the same frequency at the same time. I have had better luck using Pro96Com to decode the this type of system than Unitrunker. You might want to give the former a try and see what you come up with?

73's

Ron

I would love to use this software. Looks like its interesting to say the least. however I dont have any of the scanners that this software supports.:(

Maybe for Christmas I will get an upgrade.

I have noticed something though. Ive listened to the control channel for several minutes and I haven't heard to tone or any changes in the sound. If you listen to the current system you will hear a change in speed or pitch when someone talks or joins the system. Is this normal for this type of control channel? Or does this mean that so far no one is on it?

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
Does --anyone-- know when Tulsa will go all digital? I bet someone knows :)

And when it does, how does that impact the TGID'S (or will they remain the same) thanks

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Tulsa Digital Control Freqs

I have a digital scanner and will watch for this freq. Where can I find the "digital" control freqs for Tulsa? Didn't see any in RR database.

peterjmag

Does --anyone-- know when Tulsa will go all digital? I bet someone knows :)

And when it does, how does that impact the TGID'S (or will they remain the same) thanks

Dr,
You have asked this in many threads which is on the minds of the rest of us but the truth is nobody will know until the upgrade is made. Just be patient and let us know what you hear and can't hear and we will sort it out. One thing is for sure they are trying to cram rebanding and digital all in one setting and probably trying to make the year end deadline. I have read the FCC is not being as forgiving of extensions as it has in the past. Happy scanning...

There is no year-end deadline for rebanding, the deadline is for narrowbanding which only applies to Part 90 users in the VHF/UHF bands, 800 MHz is not impacted.

PaulSuperman

Then there is this.

Motorola Project Update
a. ASTRO 25 7.11 Controller Upgrade Digital Controller Complete
i. Scheduled for July 2012
b. Winstar IR Site
i. Fully operational
ii. Site will be converted to P25 is the summer of 2012
c. Cherokee Marshall Service
i. 60 handheld and mobile radios
ii. Conventional 800 MHz repeater
iii. Implementation schedule it TBD
d. Troop C Console Project
i. Equipment has been received and is ready to be deployed upon
confirmation of installation location
ii. DPS is in negotiations for colocation in Muskogee 911 Facility

e. DPS Rebanding Project
i. Notice to proceed has been issued to Motorola1. Face to face meeting is scheduled to confirm DPS reconfiguration
implementation schedule
2. Coverage Testing is scheduled for May 2012
3. Infrastructure reconfiguration will begin upon completion and
evaluation of coverage testing
4. This will be coordinated with other Sprint rebanding projects

http://www.ok.gov/okwin/documents/OKWIN - Executive Committee - Meeting Minutes - (03.09.12).pdf

I think there a little late. lol.

Drkatzjr45

Senior Member - Emeritus
Premium Subscriber
Confused - April 15, 2013? - Tulsa

Take a look at this. What does this mean with respect to Tulsa's request for April 15th, 2013.
See link below:

WaiverProfileStatus

KNJH431 - Public Safety - Tulsa, OK 800mhz

"Relief Granted: Extension Until April 15, 2013, to Either Complete Rebanding or Submit a Further Request for Waiver Seeking Additional Time"

SCPD

QRT
Motorola Project Update
a. ASTRO 25 7.11 Controller Upgrade Digital Controller Complete
i. Scheduled for July 2012
b. Winstar IR Site
i. Fully operational
ii. Site will be converted to P25 is the summer of 2012
c. Cherokee Marshall Service
i. 60 handheld and mobile radios
ii. Conventional 800 MHz repeater
iii. Implementation schedule it TBD
d. Troop C Console Project
i. Equipment has been received and is ready to be deployed upon
confirmation of installation location
ii. DPS is in negotiations for colocation in Muskogee 911 Facility

e. DPS Rebanding Project
i. Notice to proceed has been issued to Motorola1. Face to face meeting is scheduled to confirm DPS reconfiguration
implementation schedule
2. Coverage Testing is scheduled for May 2012
3. Infrastructure reconfiguration will begin upon completion and
evaluation of coverage testing
4. This will be coordinated with other Sprint rebanding projects

http://www.ok.gov/okwin/documents/OKWIN - Executive Committee - Meeting Minutes - (03.09.12).pdf

I think there a little late. lol.

Too bad they haven't updated since May.

Also, 854.4625 is quiet now.

dward42586

Premium Subscriber
Digital control freq' 854.4625

I've heard transmissions on 854.4625 tonight with my PRO 197. They did not seem to be digital, but analog. The scanner did not display "digital"

Don't know whats up.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.