TPD Digital Broadcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoken731

I'm looking at the DB and noticed that it shows that TPD is now broadcasting in digital, 9-D for example (TG 11376) and are simulcasting to the old analog counterpart.

I just picked up a Uniden BCD996XT, which is super nice, by the way, but when I setup the system, groups, and TG ID's, I'm only picking up TPD on the old analog TG's. If I setup the system as a P25 only system, that obviously doesn't pickup anything, so following direction I've been given, I set the system up as a Type II trunked system and added the digital talk groups.

If you don't have a uniden scanner that's probably as clear as mud, but can anyone confirm that TPD is on digital now for their main dispatch TG's and if you have a uniden, did you run into the same issues?

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I set the system up as a Type II trunked system and added the digital talk groups.

Right - there are a few true P25 sites on OKWIN, but Site 1 (Tulsa) is not one of them so Type II it is.

If you don't have a uniden scanner that's probably as clear as mud, but can anyone confirm that TPD is on digital now for their main dispatch TG's and if you have a uniden, did you run into the same issues?

I have one but don't believe I've monitored Tulsa on it while passing through. We do have several P25 groups in Central Okla, though, and I receive those just fine. No tweaks necessary.

Now, there is a per-channel setting on these radios that lets you designate that channel as Digital, Analog, or Any (or is it "All"?). Anyway, double check that you have your setting correct. IIRC, it defaults to "any".

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
Tulsa went digital for a while then the digital channel stopped. Since then, the voice on the analog channels sound like they are in fact using analog on the dispatch channels.

I do know that they were having issues when they rolled out digital for TPD. I know several times they needed units to repeat, so it wouldn't surprise me if they are staying analog for the time being on dispatch channels.

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC346xt and I became suspicious that the new channels in the DB were inaccurate so i started listening to them and they appear to be quiet. I'm guessing that they changed. Every time i refresh my settings on the scanner i loose all of the OKWIN TG lockouts and i have several digital/encrypted channels (my scanner cant tell the difference) that keep popping up.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
As stated above all dispatch channels have reverted back to analog ID's so you should load both the Digital ID's and the Analog ID's just in case they ever start back on Digital. Most everything else is encrypted Digital, but there are some ID's that are not. 11964 11696 and 11312 will go between encrypted and regular Digital traffic.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
TPD Digital Issue

As stated once again.TPD used digital for several weeks and then
went back to analog.

Would anyone who might have some ---specialized knowledge---- about thus issue
contribute?

"Consultant" are you still using this forums?

Thanks!

I guess that's me, I haven't been following TPD that closely, I just listen on my 106 to the analog dispatch stuff. I will be going to the "Black Box Rodeo" at Shawnee on the 23rd, maybe some news will be floating around. Most of the statewide EMCOMM folks are planning on bringing their Command vehicles and show them off, reminds me of a CB shoot out.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
The consulant I beleive's he refering to is Bob Rohloff who was working on getting the TPD computers up to snuff and made a few posts here about the Digital switchover when it happened.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
This morning I heard a Catoosa unit calling for OCEAN (records) on 7-L and he wasn't encrypted, he modulated several times but never got an answer.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
I wonder what.. exactly.. happened that caused TPD to revert back?

Does anyone have any new info regarding this.....and/or/if/and when (lol)
they may try it again

Thanks

peterjmag

I wonder what.. exactly.. happened that caused TPD to revert back?

Does anyone have any new info regarding this.....and/or/if/and when (lol)
they may try it again

Thanks

Honestly Dr. I wouldn't worry about it. It was being stated that they were going to what they did a few years before it happened. All 3 main sides analog in the clear and everything else digital and encrypted. EMSA was a test market for that and TPD saw it worked for them. I would just be happy to hear dispatch in analog the way it is now. As for an all digital P25 upgrade like the Muskogee sites, who knows? That costs lots of money and from what I have heard grants are becoming harder to get. I know its in the works to convert all the analog sites to full P25 but like I said I think money is an issue right now and it won't happen until they up your taxes or get a grant. So just enjoy the system the way it is now. Just my thoughts.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I heard an unknown (designator wise) agency getting a records check on analog 7-K of the TPD system this morning about 05:45.

rsrohloff

Due to conflicts with other agencies in the Tulsa area TPD has to maintain its analog channels for dispatch and analog 7 series for those agencies. TPD is using digital for all car to car and tactical channels. It does not appear that the main dispatch channels will go back digital for several years.
I am not sure what the Tulsa County Sheriff Department will do when they change who dispatches for them. I do believe they will stay on Motorola at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.