Norman State Motortrbo Trunked System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nd5y

sheesh....400W ERP???? I guess it's better to hear than to be heard (on a 4W portable that is)

400W ERP and 50W output power is only 9 dB.
That would be typical if they have a 12 dB antenna and 3 dB loss in the feedline and duplexers.

That 9 dB gain applies to the receiver too. It would make the portables appear to have 8 times more ERP than if the receiver had a 0 dB antenna.

monitor142

400W ERP and 50W output power is only 9 dB.
That would be typical if they have a 12 dB antenna and 3 dB loss in the feedline and duplexers.

That 9 dB gain applies to the receiver too. It would make the portables appear to have 8 times more ERP than if the receiver had a 0 dB antenna.

Tom, I get that. Just saying this is so typical these days of the licenses that I see going through. The talk in and talk out are vastly different no matter the gain of their RX antenna and the preamp/multicoupler they might use.

Kind of like the high level mountain top licenses that are coming out these days in my neck of the woods with 100W PO and 4W ERP.

Yeah right!

-M142

n5bew1

I noticed today that the old physical plant VHF DB-224 is the only non-cell antenna up on that water tower. Looks like things are still pending for a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.