OHP adding new low band base stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
155.445 is a statewide mobile relay and 45.220 is a low band car to car that is used extensively by OHP. All the other freqs aree the same deal. Apparently they're just adding some more sites.

Last edited:
These appear to be changes to existing sites, one listed is for the Turley site in north Tulsa county. In the deep dark past this served as a mobile relay for Troop B, now it appears it's changing to a relay for Troop K southern Osage county. Long live low-band!

n5bew1

These appear to be changes to existing sites, one listed is for the Turley site in north Tulsa county. In the deep dark past this served as a mobile relay for Troop B, now it appears it's changing to a relay for Troop K southern Osage county. Long live low-band!

It also looks like they have finally narrow banded the VHF high band portions of all three sites and have gotten the licenses updated to reflect that.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
I hardly ever hear anything on OHP low band, even while driving on the highways.

I do miss the good old days of Troop B'S 155.310 KKT558 :)

xerb1962

Premium Subscriber
welcome to the rural part of the state.

I am just saying interesting that they are "adding" something. OHP has been on "800" now for how long? The mid nineties I think?

No doubt long live low band, I hear car to car here at my office on a daily basis and listen to troop K out of Perry.

I hardly ever hear anything on OHP low band, even while driving on the highways.

I do miss the good old days of Troop B'S 155.310 KKT558 :)

Or driving at night in NE OK and hear that baritone voice enunciate KKY 3 4 5, would send chills down your back.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
Or driving at night in NE OK and hear that baritone voice enunciate KKY 3 4 5, would send chills down your back.

I swear, there are two OHP dispatchers, that I think, have been there since the beginning of time :) :)
and may..... actually bunk.... at the HQ :)

I am speaking specifically of the lady dispatcher out of Troop L... and the gentleman
from Troop B.

nd5y

Last edited:

n5bew1

They may be trying to fill dead spots as they probably won't get any 800 coverage. Altus has a base and looks like they had one at Hobart. These two new ones will help in the far reaches of Troop M. I have heard Altus troopers call in to Lawton on 800 to run a DL check. He must not had very good low band contact.
Frederick and Mangum ought to help out a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.