CB Radio Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

acjet88

Premium Subscriber
I'm new to the CB radio thing and was wondering if there are any clubs in the OKC area? I figure that being a part of a club that it would help me learn the culture.

S

screamin72

Ummm... the current club is fighting against Striker Antenna at Morgan Rd. I would be very cautious about it. Form your own CB Club. Everyday on Cb channel 19 there is Rattlesnake and Buffy and a few other's thrashing the Striker Antenna. Fgor example..we hear the transmitted advertisement from Striker Antenna..then you hear on top or just after the transmission "10-4 on the chop shop".

I hope if you do form a CB Club that it is worth it for everybody and self policed and pinning offender coaxes. Sounds harsh but that's the best way to clean up the band. The anarchist tone local OKC CB traffic is you will have to do it without warning. Just asking them to stop will never work.

acjet88

Premium Subscriber
Yeah I'm about sick of listening to it myself. I live pretty close to the area. If I knew more about the CB radio field then it would be cool to start a club, but seeing as I'm new to everything then it be hard to start a successful one.

acjet88

Premium Subscriber
Well I have an idea. Since most people dont like listening to the BS on 19 and its used so much in the city that its hard to get a word in edgewise without someone jumping your case. Im going to explore using a different channel everyday. Im thinking 18, since it seems to be relatively open. If anyone wants to join me, Im usually listening on my way to and from work. 3:00-3:30pm and 12-12:30am and once in while on lunch 7:30-8pm. My handle is Sparky for AM and OK159 for SSB. Hopefully this should kinda get things started in a new direction. My lingo isnt that great, so sorry if I sound like a newb on the radio.

peterjmag

Some of the 2 meter and 70cm bands aren't any better today. Lots of "right on", "come on", "4 Roger", "radio check" bla bla bla. Sounds just like CH 19 minus the bad language.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Some of the 2 meter and 70cm bands aren't any better today. Lots of "right on", "come on", "4 Roger", "radio check" bla bla bla. Sounds just like CH 19 minus the bad language.

And I didn't mean to imply that there was anything wrong with CB. I can assure you that the folks on 14313 kHz are as bad as the ones who sometimes populate 27185 kHz et al. And that was going on before the Morse was dropped, meaning that Morse was not the "LID filter" many claimed it was.

I had a CB a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, and thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I have a Midland somewhere, that I should probably set up in my radio room since, you know, it's a radio room. :D

S

screamin72

27.085 ch 11. that's a good channel. I never heard any fighting. They come on the air in the mornings around 7 o'clock in the morning. They shoot a little skip or talk local. Actually have heard decent conversation on there here in Oklahoma City. acjet88 that's the best option you have to start out in this neck of the woods. Holla at 'Rabbit' he'll get back to ya.

I am a eavesdropper I use software defined radio technology to monitor CB and other bands. No one will ever hear me transmit. that's how I know the very little that I know. Always best to monitor first before transmitting. I learned this when I used to hold a technician class amateur radio license. Just let it expire. I rather listen than bother with licenses and high antenna costs.

Last edited:

plaws

Premium Subscriber
I learned this when I used to hold a technician class amateur radio license. Just let it expire. I rather listen than bother with licenses and high antenna costs.

Noooooooooo!!!!! I get what you're saying but renew the license anyway - it's free and a lot less hassle than taking the test again, which will cost you money. If you let it go in the last two years, you can still renew. PM me if you need help with ULS.

Status
Not open for further replies.