(OKWIN) Motorola 65536

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
(OKWIN) Motorola 65336 talk group is not listed in the RR database(sid 844). Anyone figure out what it is? Need tag and label please.

SCPD

QRT
Its not a valid talkgroup. Unitrunker picks it up from time to time. Do a forum search or a Google search for "65536 talkgroup" and you will find a more complete answer.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Its not a valid talkgroup. Unitrunker picks it up from time to time. Do a forum search or a Google search for "65536 talkgroup" and you will find a more complete answer.

It's all 1s in binary and probably means something to the system itself (broadcast? :) but means nothing to us. Except that Unitrunker logs it occasionally.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
On most Motorola systems I have seen 65536 is the "talkgroup" used when the CW ID is sent every 30 minutes.

Interesting! Had not made that correlation. I wonder if that means you can program in that TG and hear the CW ID? Sure, why would you want to ... but still ...

nd5y

apparently 65536 isn't a valid voice talkgroup that scanners recognize. I don't know exactly how it works. If you scan in open or wildcard mode you never hear it. Unitrunker shows it active on whatever channel the CW ID is being sent on usually with radio ID 0.

On most of the EDACS systems I have seen the CW ID is an icall from ID 0 to ID 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.