City of Tulsa OKWIN P25 Phase II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterjmag

Just noticed today that KJH431 City of Tulsa OKWIN site just had a new emission 9K80D7W P25 Phase II. I wonder if they plan on using Phase II in the future when the switch from analog to P25 starts to occur? If that is the case there are only a select few digital scanners on the market that can monitor Phase II. =(

peterjmag

Time to sell phase 1 and save up for phase 2 right Ray? What I don't get is why they put all their time and effort in making all the P25 sites in Muskogee etc. Phase 1? Are they going to go back and upgrade those as well? Will the Tulsa site be the only site that uses Phase 2?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Yes, time to start watching the auctions for a P2 Uniden. Not only just for Tulsa but another area I travel in has made a big P2 leap.

N5TWB

Interesting they'd want to jump back into digital again after the less-than-satisfactory experience on Phase I transition. That said, how about some quick suggestions on potential new scanners to do this job.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Well there is the New 996P2 or the BCD536HP from Uniden. The debates are fierce about no NFM on the 996.

Status
Not open for further replies.