Blackwell OK PD not updated in RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

karen2183

Hopefully I have gotten the right thread. Just bought a new Uniden BCD436HP. Our local PD has gone to digital P25 trunking. I have downloaded Sentinel Software... I am getting Analog frequencies in the area... but still not able to get the local PD... I noticed on RR guide that Blackwell OK police dept frequency has not been updated to new system. For ex. Wichita KS shows that it is currently being updated to digital. Soooo I am still getting the squeaky noise due to scanner not picking up the local Blackwell PD. Does any of this make sense??? The reason I am still not picking up on the digital side. I am not computer savy.. or radio savvy. Thanks a million.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
According to the database, it shows Blackwell as NXDN. No scanner will monitor that.

Unless I'm missing it, their license doesn't show NXDN licensed.

karen2183

NDXN

Well we have always picked up the Blackwell PD until they went digital. The RR guide is not up to date. Wichita KS has just went digital.. The RR shows that they are in the process.

K

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
The database relies on reports from users to update the info, so someone has to report that Wichita, KS has gone Digital and is currently running that format completely and not just testing. A lot of times people report system changes on inaccurate information or speculation causing errors in the DB. Tulsa went digital sometime ago but reverted their Dispatch channels back to analog shortly after.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well we have always picked up the Blackwell PD until they went digital. The RR guide is not up to date. Wichita KS has just went digital.. The RR shows that they are in the process.

K

The RR database actually shows Blackwell OK PD as having been updated within the past 7 days (at the time of this post, it is highlighted in yellow). It now shows them using NXDN transmission mode.

Kay County, Oklahoma (OK) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

If that is the case, there is no scanner made that will monitor them.

NEXEDGE - The RadioReference Wiki

If that is not the case, the database is user-driven and someone from your area that has accurate and verified knowledge of what changes are actually happening would need to submit that info to the RR database at this link:

Submit Data to RadioReference

following these guidelines:

RR Database Submission Guidelines - The RadioReference Wiki

N5TWB

Hopefully I have gotten the right thread. Just bought a new Uniden BCD436HP. Our local PD has gone to digital P25 trunking. I have downloaded Sentinel Software... I am getting Analog frequencies in the area... but still not able to get the local PD... I noticed on RR guide that Blackwell OK police dept frequency has not been updated to new system. For ex. Wichita KS shows that it is currently being updated to digital. Soooo I am still getting the squeaky noise due to scanner not picking up the local Blackwell PD. Does any of this make sense??? The reason I am still not picking up on the digital side. I am not computer savy.. or radio savvy. Thanks a million.

No problem with not being savvy, the technology imposes a pretty steep learning curve sometimes on those of us just interested in listening as hobbyists. Here's a little help to add to what others have already posted in the thread: Blackwell has chosen NXDN but it is neither P25 nor trunked. It is merely a digital protocol that is not supported by any currently-made, affordable scanner. It is possible to monitor it but that would require that you upgrade both your radio and computer savvy levels. Spend some time in the RR Wiki on the subjects of discriminator taps and computer soundcard/software solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.